Boycott

This is a discussion on Boycott within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think the question about S&W was that since the new American owners took over, they have done nothing to try to have the Clinton ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boycott

I think the question about S&W was that since the new American owners took over, they have done nothing to try to have the Clinton agreement recinded.

I don't know if they are still bound by it or not but it seems that all of their guns still have the internal lock on it and I believe you can't get them without it.

Having said all of that, I own two "post agreement" S&W's and they are both high quality firearms. You couldn't get me to trade them.

I think if you research hard enough you will be able to find some "antigun" dirt on any of the gun makers.

Even Gaston made some statement one time about limiting the capacity of Glock magazines for civilians.

This argument is like making sure you don't watch movies made by anti gun actors. In reality, if you want to do that, you should just stop watching movies since the vast majority of Hollywood are anti's.

Call me lazy but I'm going with the best quality I can get for the money. My life and my family's deserve that. I don't think that the bad guy is going to say, "ha, ha. . . you shot me with an antigun gun".
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    it seems that all of their guns still have the internal lock on it and I believe you can't get them without it.
    You can buy most (if not all) S&W semi autos without a storage lock, and many without a magazine disconnect.

Only the revolvers come 100% with the storage lock. A lock which, by the way, is extremely easy to disable. And I don't want to hear any "liability" crap. There is none attached.

IF S&W and Colt weren't so darn expensive, I'd probably have one or two in my collection. I may still eventually get one...used.

As it currently stands, there are only two American gun companies that I can afford to buy from, NIB. Kel-Tec and Hi-Point. Almost all the others have priced themselves out of reach of my wallet. Unless I'm buying a used gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan View Post
    You can buy most (if not all) S&W semi autos without a storage lock, and many without a magazine disconnect.

Only the revolvers come 100% with the storage lock. A lock which, by the way, is extremely easy to disable. And I don't want to hear any "liability" crap. There is none attached.
    You won't hear any "liability" crap from me.

And I agree that only the revolvers come 100% with the lock. In fact, that's what I meant. I just said it rather poorly.

I don't know anything about S&W's semi's; never have handled one.

My point was that I have two S&W revolvers and will continue to buy and use S&W revolvers because I like the quality. If we Boycott gun manufacturers who have made "antigun" statements, we might have to make our own guns.

I choose to pick my battles. This isn't one of them.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

I will not buy KHAR due due to my religious and anti-terroristic views :)

You won't hear any "liability" crap from me.

And I agree that only the revolvers come 100% with the lock. In fact, that's what I meant. I just said it rather poorly.

I don't know anything about S&W's semi's; never have handled one.

My point was that I have two S&W revolvers and will continue to buy and use S&W revolvers because I like the quality. If we Boycott gun manufacturers who have made "antigun" statements, we might have to make our own guns.

+1 - and the M&P is a darn nice handgun. No safety crap either. I carry one daily, and trust it. Reasonably priced, too ($399 NIB). Punishing a company for something the PREVIOUS owners did just doesn't make much sense to me. Especially an American company.

S&W

I hold people accountable for their actions. Brit S&W sold out to KKKlinton. I never bought anything of theirs. Now that they are an AMERICAN company again, I give them a clean slate. I would buy from them.
    As far as Kahr I have no knowlegde about their "terrorist" dealings. Anyone who could enlighten me I would be most appreciative.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    do as ya want smith is making some of the best guns in years i will buy from them so i can buy more american taurus doesnt match a smith

no one matchs a old colt wheelie
    +1,000,000,000.01.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    I hold people accountable for their actions. Brit S&W sold out to KKKlinton. I never bought anything of theirs. Now that they are an AMERICAN company again, I give them a clean slate. I would buy from them.
    As far as Kahr I have no knowlegde about their "terrorist" dealings. Anyone who could enlighten me I would be most appreciative.
    "kkklinton"
    I dont get it! please enlighten me.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar

That makes two of us!

KKKlinton

Quote Originally Posted by ebk637 View Post
    "kkklinton"
    I dont get it! please enlighten me.
    I use KKKlinton because Clinton talked about rights for everyone, but actually he only wanted them for people he chose. He sought to take rights away from those he didn't like. IE people who like weapons. He sought to take away our right to protect our selves and our family.
    The KKK sought to deny and take away rights from people they don't like.
    Hope this helps and makes sense.
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    The reference is in relation to the company being established by Kook-Jin "Justin" Moon, son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Intentional Flincher;
    I'm getting the feeling that I'm the only person on the planet that still avoids buying products from companies that have expressed desire for the infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights. I am in the market for a good 4" .357 DA and a cowboy action .45 LC. Unfortunately for me, my choices do not include Colt or Smith & Wesson. Any thoughts on these boycotts (and I know there will be those who do not agree) , or other companies, specifically gun manufacturers who they will not patronize due to personal convictions.
    Ah heck, me and the missus won't even go to the movies if its starring some hollywood "expert" has given their .03 about an issue that's important to us.

That said, its too bad some of these firearm companies don't get with the program. Anti's will take our guns and rights one category at a time.

We need to stick together.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Boycotts don't work. If we were to boycott every entity that we disagreed with we, as a country, would be totally isolated. Boycott the Japanese because they are anti-gun? Look around your house and see how many things you might have to do without (including the computer you will respond to this post on). Boycott the UN and absolutely nothing will happen. It will be business as usual, the US will just be locked out of any non-military channels to resolve disputes.

There is a bigger need to get involved (or re-involved) with our own political system. The only reason there are "no-bid" contracts awarded to companies is that the politicians think they free to act without oversight from their constituents. When was the last time anyone here wrote to their representatives voicing a concern. If you did, and didn't receive an adequate response, did you persist or just accept it. How many are politically active and attend a precinct meeting or caucus? If we don't like what we get for a political system, we need to get involved and work to change it. If it is left to someone else to do then we have to accept what we get.
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

kahr supports terrorists ? i'd like some proof
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links