Boycott

This is a discussion on Boycott within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 I like the little statement in the Barrett ads. Something like, "we won't sell to or service guns of California ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I like the little statement in the Barrett ads. Something like, "we won't sell to or service guns of California agencies" due to their .50 ban in California. In their FAQ, "are Barrett rifles legal for me to own"? The answer reads, "first, we recommend you elect politicians that will change those laws, if not, we suggest you move to an area that obeys the Constitution". I sure do respect that, and wish all the companies did that. Imagine no Glocks, no mags over 10 rounds. No S&W for the CHP, nor Berettas for the LAPD. That would be fun to watch. Is Raven or Jennings or Davis still in CA? Maybe if that was all those agencies could buy....
    As of right now, Les Baer is moving out of Illinois after they voted a law that prohibits the sale, manufacture and posession of firearms and/or magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Springfield Armoury and Armalite might be next.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    S&W off my black list now they are owned buy someone else.

The simple truth is this: if you want to boycott a company for something you believe they said, go for it. Just don't berate anyone else for not joining you on your personal crusade.

I think S&W and Ruger have a clean slate now that they are either owned by completely different people and in Rugers case, Bill Ruger is dead and even his kid is retired from the company.

There are a lot of Volks Wagon cars out there driving around you know. And that was Hitlers brain child.....how long does one need to hold a grudge before it becomes unhealthy?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

S & W has learned their lesson

I truly believe that S&W has learned a most important lesson. The European's who owned the company got their tail feathers burned off and that was appropriate and beautiful.

The new owners deserve our support and the opportunity to succeed.

If the new owners show "anti-2nd admendment" bias we can cut them off once again. They can not survive without buyers and customers.

That my friends is our American Way...

Quote Originally Posted by Intentional Flincher View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that I'm the only person on the planet that still avoids buying products from companies that have expressed desire for the infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights. I am in the market for a good 4" .357 DA and a cowboy action .45 LC. Unfortunately for me, my choices do not include Colt or Smith & Wesson. Any thoughts on these boycotts (and I know there will be those who do not agree) , or other companies, specifically gun manufacturers who they will not patronize due to personal convictions.
    Keep up the boycotts until those companies do something obviously back in the right direction or take part in gaining MORE gun rights in this country. If they want to run around like scared kittens afraid of a lawsuit rather than do what's right, then so be it... put your money in the pockets of those that stand for your rights.

Just my 2-bits... I still have a S&W 686 that was made prior to the Clinton era, but I sold my last Colt long ago ...a .44 Mag Anaconda.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I wont buy a ruger due to the owners statements
    I haven't looked at new Rugers in a long while ...as my old ones are still tack drivers and I love them. What "owners statements" are you referring to?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtruck2 View Post
    I use KKKlinton because Clinton talked about rights for everyone, but actually he only wanted them for people he chose. He sought to take rights away from those he didn't like. IE people who like weapons. He sought to take away our right to protect our selves and our family.
    The KKK sought to deny and take away rights from people they don't like.
    Hope this helps and makes sense.
    I think the "KKK" part is what's confusing. Clinton was/is a globalist, and part of that means giving government ultimate control. That's why he was against guns. "KKK" implies some kind of a racist issue and I don't think Clinton was any kind of a racist that I know of. Haven't really looked into that.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Murexway View Post
    <snip>
    How many of us drive German or Japanese cars, despite WWII?

If we don't buy Colt, or S&W, or Ruger, or any other American-made guns due to some perceived slight on the part of the companies, either now or in the past, we'll eventually be at the mercy of (real) foreign companies and governments who may decide that they don't like Americans and won't export to us any more. Try to buy a gun THEN...
    Yes and no. The germans and japanese have gotten over the war and want to do business with us, so we reciprocate and all live happily ever after. In fact, in both cases, I think we worked pretty hard to bring things to that conclusion.

But the gun company thing goes both ways. If we do NOT spank them by letting our dollars flow elsewhere, then we have NO other effective feedback path and THEN what will you have? Companies that cave to globalists and liability attorneys ...that's what. So, boycott when it makes sense, forgive as soon as possible when they make amends. If they make amends, pump your dollars back into them. Meets all stated goals. Oh yeah ...and always check your facts so you'll be up to date (as others have mentioned.)

Brian

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links