Boycott

Boycott

This is a discussion on Boycott within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm getting the feeling that I'm the only person on the planet that still avoids buying products from companies that have expressed desire for the ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar

Boycott

I'm getting the feeling that I'm the only person on the planet that still avoids buying products from companies that have expressed desire for the infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights. I am in the market for a good 4" .357 DA and a cowboy action .45 LC. Unfortunately for me, my choices do not include Colt or Smith & Wesson. Any thoughts on these boycotts (and I know there will be those who do not agree) , or other companies, specifically gun manufacturers who they will not patronize due to personal convictions.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

I wont buy a ruger due to the owners statements

For the .45 LC, check out Uberti. I really like my cattleman (4 3/4 bbl). The last time I had it at the range, it got checked out by the other folks there. I was tagging plastic pop bottles with it and hitting them 5 out of 6 at 25 yards. The other guys were using some nice looking guns, but faring much worse. Their chuck daly's and smiths looked prettier, I admit, but they didn't feel any better in the hand or have better actions. Mine cost half of what theirs did, too.

I wont buy S&W, COLT, or RUGER they are all anti to a point and dont deserve my money. UBERTI is nice and so is the Beretta pistols.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

Lead Moderator
    Not unreasonable at all.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Ok if I keep the ones I've already got and don't buy anymore??
    Last edited by prawls; May 17th, 2007 at 10:57 PM.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

me
    Wasn't the S&W thing from a previous non-American owner?
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Yup.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Yes, a british company, very anti and made deals w/ the Clinton Administration to supply LEOs so they could survive. The boycott hurt them bad because the deal was deemed illegal (no bid) and Glock presented much cheaper prices. They eventually sold S&W for literally pennies on the dollar.

Found a good link here
    Last edited by Miggy; May 17th, 2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Adding link
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Lew
    So does this let S&W off the proverbial Hook? Or are they still to be black listed?
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    People sometimes say these things are old news, but the way I see it, why buy from such a company when I have other alternatives?
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Why should we support S&W, and Ruger?

Quote Originally Posted by Intentional Flincher View Post
    People sometimes say these things are old news, but the way I see it, why buy from such a company when I have other alternatives?
    Everyone has their own opinion, but here's how I see it.

I think the new AMERICAN owners of S&W have done a good job and made amends. As to why should we buy from S&W, Ruger, or Colt??

American gun manufacturers need to be supported and if they get out of line they need to be corected, as happened in the S&W situation. The Brits who owned it sold it at a huge loss due to the backlash.

However, if we all get in a tizzy and boycott these compnaies everytime they make a statement that we don't agree with, they will go out of business. So where sill support and ads for gun magazines and support for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (an industry lobbying group) come from?? Does anyone think that leaving the entire firearms market and the funding of the NSSF to foreign companies is a good idea?? A few big law enforcement contracts and police contracts spread around some foreign companies could go a long way. How will we put pressure on foreign companies who go anti 2A to get those contracts?? Which I think is what S&W was doing when they screwed the pooch with Clinton.

I will support American gun companies as much as I can, until they do something real agrregious, then I will withold my funds until they make amends. I don't trust Europeans to give a crap about our rights or to support NSSF.

JMO, YMV.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Someone want to give me a rundown of Gun companies that are Anti 2a? And how the #$%^ that makes any business sense to them?

I will acquire the necessary tools that fit and work well. The best I can afford. Beyond that, I astutely avoid doing business with those who pointedly infringe the 2A. Occasionally, when I believe it will be understood, I'll make it clear why in a follow-on letter to the owners. There are plenty of alternatives to such products and services, generally.

Count another in the ranks, here. Done daily.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Protect View Post
    Someone want to give me a rundown of Gun companies that are Anti 2a? And how the #$%^ that makes any business sense to them?
    I second this request. I am familiar with the former S&W debacle, but am in the dark as far as Ruger and Colt? Colt does sell ARs to the general public don't they?? (maybe I'm wrong 'cause i can't afford one anyway) Ruger fought to keep the mini-14 and 30 off the ban list in the Clinton years.

Some dealers on here could probably outline the S&W screw up better than I can so I won't do it.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links