kimber ultra carry

This is a discussion on kimber ultra carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I just bought a new kimber stainless ultra carry ll. Does anyone have this gun or have used it in the past? I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kimber ultra carry

kimber ultra carry

Hey guys, I just bought a new kimber stainless ultra carry ll.
    Does anyone have this gun or have used it in the past? I love the gun
    but have never owned or shot a kimber. I know i should have checked here first but could not pass up the deal.thanks
    A .38 in the hand is better than two .45 at home

2. Remove Ads

I sold mine....I loved the gun but had some FTF issues and a friend of mine is currently having FTF issues with his Ultra CDP. I'm sure you can get it running perfectly if you follow the break in procedure and advice from the folks around here, I just couldn't be bothered so I bought a G23 and couldn't be happier.

Good luck!

los
    I had an original series S/S UC. Very light. It was an exceptional carrry piece!

Here's a photo....

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

eww
    I have one and it is my carry weapon.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by eww; May 18th, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

Administrator
    Many do. I have a Pro CDP and a Gold Combat. I think Kimber puts out a great product, I'm sure you will be happy with it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I had one, FTF's and FTE's even after the break in period. It has an external extractor.

Traded it for a Tactical Ultra II. It also had an external extractor and had lots of problems. Sent it back to Kimber and they replaced the slide with the internal extractor version, also replaced the barrel and polished up the insides real nice.

Traded it for a Glock 23 and couldn't be happier. I want to be carrying something that I have no doubts about.

You may have a Kimber that will work perfectly.... I hope so !

Kimber makes a great pistol. You did well. Mine Ultra CDP II is reliable, accurate and very comfortable to carry. Especially so after adding the thinline Alumagrips. I also believe in Wilson Combat magazines, which I use exclusively.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I've got one in non-stainless and love it. It goes with me everywhere in my pocket 95% of the time. It gave me fits while breaking in, took 800 rounds. I wish you better luck with your break in and it gets done in the 500 rounds Kimber sez it takes. What a delight to shoot, amazingly light recoil for it's size.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I have Pro Ultra carry s/s Kimber. The only FTF I've experienced was when I lost count and tried to fire with the slide locked open. My fault, not the weapon's. I think Kimber builds an incredible weapon, the best if you want a foundation to build up on.Also it is not the only Kimber I have.I love Kimbers.
    Last edited by Stormtruck2; May 19th, 2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: No can type
    When the chips are down, only hits count

Train as you fight, fight as you train.
    Sig 220-45,Sig 225-9mm,Sig 226-.40,Bernelli M1,Bernelli Nova, SW 4340-.40
    Glock 19,Llama Mini .45,U-238 WMD, (so the anti's say),and others

Well, mine is currently giving me fits with failure to go into battery. I only have about 250 rounds through it but replaced the factory recoil spring assy with a 21# Wolff one. Also had my smith polish the feed ramp and chamber throat. Time for another range trip. In the mean time I've been carrying my Glock 29 and my P3AT. I have the utmost confidence in them. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the Kimber yet. :(
    Kimber Ultra Carry - CT Lasergrips
    Glock 19, 21SF, 29
    KelTec P3AT
    Built M4 Carbine - My Evil Black Rifle

i have a U/C SS in .40 & .45 and love them both, never had any FTF with either. I carry both of them and have the .45 getting dura coated in black right now.

My Home Is Protected BY
    Mossberg and Kimber
    The People who Take a Bite out of Crime

1911 Ultra Carry .45 .40 and 9mm
    Mossy 590 12G

My Kimber Ultra CDP II...

is my usual EDC...great gun...love its performance...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
    I had one, FTF's and FTE's even after the break in period. It has an external extractor.

Traded it for a Tactical Ultra II. It also had an external extractor and had lots of problems. Sent it back to Kimber and they replaced the slide with the internal extractor version, also replaced the barrel and polished up the insides real nice.

Traded it for a Glock 23 and couldn't be happier. I want to be carrying something that I have no doubts about.

You may have a Kimber that will work perfectly.... I hope so !

Kimber seems to be much-touted -- their guns certainly look beautiful and high-quality -- and then we get a report like this one.

I have never owned, or even fired a 1911 pistol. I would like to.

But it's hard for me to get past the reputation that 1911s have for being finicky and quirky and hard to make reliable. I have my GLOCKs and my HK, and stuff, which never act unreliable, and I really don't read much about anyone else's failing . . . so it remains difficult for me to think of transitioning to 1911.

Oh, eventually I'll get one; but I doubt very much that it'll end up being my carry piece unless I put about 1000 rounds through it without a problem.

Mike, I'd hold off on doing refinements to the pistol until it is well broken in. You might very well be wasting your time, money and effort when the pistol will smooth out on it's own when broken in. As I mentioned above, mine took 800 rounds to smooth out and I've heard of others taking that much to break theirs in too.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Kimber seems to be much-touted -- their guns certainly look beautiful and high-quality -- and then we get a report like this one.

I have never owned, or even fired a 1911 pistol. I would like to.

But it's hard for me to get past the reputation that 1911s have for being finicky and quirky and hard to make reliable. I have my GLOCKs and my HK, and stuff, which never act unreliable, and I really don't read much about anyone else's failing . . . so it remains difficult for me to think of transitioning to 1911.

Oh, eventually I'll get one; but I doubt very much that it'll end up being my carry piece unless I put about 1000 rounds through it without a problem.
    I wouldn't mind another 45, they certainly are slimmer than a Glock for concealed copy. I've heard a lot of good things about the smaller Colt versions, maybe I'll try one of those if I run across a good deal on one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links