Add-on grip mods for GLOCK pistols?

This is a discussion on Add-on grip mods for GLOCK pistols? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Admittedly, I love everything about my GLOCKs except I have begun to be a bit more critical about the meeting of the grip and my ...

Thread: Add-on grip mods for GLOCK pistols?

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Admittedly, I love everything about my GLOCKs except I have begun to be a bit more critical about the meeting of the grip and my hand. It's good, decent, but definitely less than perfect.

If the backstrap of the GLOCK was straighter and bulged less near the butt of the grip, I would be far more happy with it. Nonetheless, they're my favorite guns.

I am not entertaining the idea of having the grip modified professionally. I simply don't like the idea of someone remolding the plastic when it is integral to the gun's structure.

Is there anything available that would, perhaps, clip on in the area where the webbing of thumb-and-forefinger goes? Something that would fill out that indentation and result in a straighter profile to the backstrap?

And a bigger, more important question: Is GLOCK ever going to modify the formula, perhaps come out with models based on the current lineup, but with interchangeable backstraps like so many newer guns?? What's taking so long?! I'D BUY ONE! (But they'd better leave everything else the same!)

Crimson Trace Laser Grips
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

Oh.

Um, I'm not interested in equipping my guns with laser grips. (If I was going to, it'd be a guide-rod conversion like a LaserMax.

I was thinking I had seen a picture of a GLOCK with something wedged into that area of the backstrap. I have a plug in the bottom of the grip of my 27, so I was thinking it might be something akin to that. I guess, now, it might have just been a laser grip.

The crimson trace laser grip sits at the top of the back strap and is held in place by the rear pin and is activated by grip pressure, the laser max has to be activated by the take down levers on the frame, which requires the firing grip to be weakened. The Crimson Trace adds a laser and fills the top of the tang so one can take care of two things with one.

But to each his own.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

I really love my Glocks. The grip is less than perfect though. I opted for a professional grip reduction and I've been very pleased. I'm not concerned with frame strength because they do so many of them. Granted- I would change my opinion if the thing cracked! After about 700 rounds it hasn't happened. I'm comfortable that it wont.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

It's hard for me to judge; I have NO IDEA whatsoever what is involved in restructuring the grip of a GLOCK. (The thought of it kinda freaks me out.)

Go for the Crimsons, they do exactly what you want and you can find them used for around $150.

This is a good place for Glock accesorios, they have things for the grips. Hope this helps. http://www.topglock.com/index.html
    You might also look into the new G21sf they made the grip slimmer. I really think they are starting to take some hints from the XD line up of pistols. Longbow
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Robar's modifications to the Glocks grips do not void the warranty. That speaks highly of what Glock thinks of his work. I plan on getting him to add a bevertail to my G19 to assist in recoil control just a little bit. I like how it feels and wouldnt heistate having Robby work on any Glock I owned. I know of a G19 shooter who's had Robar do it to their gun, and it now has about 80,000 rounds through it and still kicking strong.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Sponsored Links