compact .45 - Page 3

compact .45

This is a discussion on compact .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GodGunsGlory I bought this little gem a few months ago and I love it. I was leary about buying a 1911 because ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: compact .45

Quote Originally Posted by GodGunsGlory View Post
    I bought this little gem a few months ago and I love it. I was leary about buying a 1911 because of all the 1911 discontents out there... but I couldn't be more happy. It's not as easy to break down and clean like my XD, but it fires well and it is more accurate than I thought it may be. It is much more slim than the XD and carries easier IWB. I highly recommend one.

Thats a sharp pistol. I have a freind that has one of those. Should get him to let me try it out.

Nice picture, well done.

Hey AnimalKracker,

Those Warthawgs are mean looking. I have only seen pictures of them. I dig your grips...seems fitting for your area.

Thanks

Hey stolivar,

Hows that 40 fire compared to the 45? About the same, sharper, follow ups??

Thanks for the pic. As I said before i been measuring my XD and figuring the difference. Nice to see them together.

I also have the Springfield Micro Compact and it has become my main carry now that I have my 500+ rds thru it at 22 oz it's a dream to carry all day long I only wish the front strap was checkered it can be a little hard to hang onto during rapid fire.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

JJ Honeycutt...Great minds think alike. I love God, I love guns, and I love Glory. I have an XD and I live in Spokane. I am lacking an EMP and lookin for a slim .45 ACP for summer carry...hhhmmmmm.

Stolivar...Thanks for the pic, it confirms that an XD .45 compact will fit in my current holster.

Some people seem to have "issues" with Kahr, but I'm not one of them.

I currently have a PM9 that I carry as a third gun and a P45 on layaway. I would have the P45 now, except I bought a Colt SAA last week.

Kahr has been very good about customer service and support after the sale, IMHO. If you follow the recommended "break in" procedures and always remember that unlike a Glock, Kahr's like their lubrication, I think you will have a great carry piece. I wouldn't judge the gun until you have shot at least 200 rounds through it. I would also strip it, clean it, lube it and then take it shooting.

What attracted me to the Kahr P45 was the Trigger, the best, IMHO, DAO autoloader Trigger out there and the level of customer support by Kahr. I also like Smith and Wesson because of the level of customer support/service post sale.

Even though I love my Kahr(s) I would be hesitant to go with a 45 ACP as small as the PM45. If you go too small you start running in to "problems". At least that has been my experience with chopped and customized downsized 45's.

Biker

I carry a Colt Compact (Officers) See pic below. From top to bottom it has Government, Comander and Compact. The only issue I had with the Compact was magazine related.

'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

I definitely like my Springer Micro compact bi-tone. Steve48

I looked at a Para ordinance LDA with a 3 " barrel,beautiful trigger but staggering sticker price, $930.00. But it was small.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Zero, Curious to know what you finally go with. My primary CC is S&W's CS45. Great shootin little 45.
    I have a full size M&P .40 and am tempted to get the M&P .40 Compact but not enough $$$ for that right now...
    For God, Family and Country!

Glock 36 - thin, light and powerful. If 7 rounds of .45ACP JHP aren't sufficient for you, carry a spare magazine. That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I carry a PT-145 and I love it.
    Same here, mine is a 3rd gen pro model. Can't beat 10+1 rounds of .45acp in such a small pakage. Do they make the XD sub-compact in 45acp? Cause I'd actually like to see the two next to each other.

Speaking of compact 45's, does anyone have any experience with the Cobra Patriot 45? A friend of mine is considering trying it out for ccw. It's only 20oz, carries 6+1, and is only 1" thick.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Have you considered the Para Slim Hawg. Small 3" 1911 in .45 and as the name implies, it is slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    Same here, mine is a 3rd gen pro model. Can't beat 10+1 rounds of .45acp in such a small pakage. Do they make the XD sub-compact in 45acp? Cause I'd actually like to see the two next to each other.
    NO subcompact in the XD45 yet. Just a compact (smaller grip). Barrel same 4" length.

I been looking online at the subcompact XD40 and XD9...only heard great things about them so far.

A while back I checked out a PT-145 at a local shop. They are pretty small for a 45.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links