My New XD - Page 2

My New XD

This is a discussion on My New XD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier The XD is a 40, right? Is the 1911 a 45? You decided to downsize the caliber? Correct...I wanted the XD ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New XD

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    The XD is a 40, right? Is the 1911 a 45? You decided to downsize the caliber?
    Correct...I wanted the XD subcompact and it doesn't come in .45, plus I already had a .45 so it's something different and .40 is also a little cheaper to shoot.

ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Npete7381 View Post
    Correct...I wanted the XD subcompact and it doesn't come in .45, plus I already had a .45 so it's something different and .40 is also a little cheaper to shoot.
    so your 40 ammo is a bit cheaper than your 45?

im shopping for a subcomact...looking at the XD40...have the service 45 already.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    the only thing the package deal holster is good for.....well not sure. but the XD is worth the money with our without the other 'stuff'
    congrats on your purchase.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

You made a very good choice. I'm sure your XD will serve you well.

Senior Moderator
    Wow! That 1911 is BEAUTIFUL..

Ooops.. Wrong gun... sorry..

The XD looks good too. Good buy. Have you been able to take it to the range yet? Where's the range report, man?

I love my XD. Good choice. I carry an XD-40 Service much of the time. I could only find the sc in 9mm when I was looking more than a year ago, so I went with the 4". I still think about getting the sc.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Add me as one more person who loves my XD9SC!

Sweet little guns!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Another satisfied customer with the XD9SC, but just bought the Kimber Ultra CDP.
    Harley 91
    "For those who fight for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"!
    Kimber Ultra CDP II .45, Kimber Custom II
    XD 9mm sc, XD 40 sc, .357 Colt King Cobra,
    .22 Berreta Bobcat

Thumbs up XD Range Report

Ok, I had a chance to get to the gravel pit where I do most of my shooting for a little while today and put about 200 rounds through my new XD40sc, and I am very pleased with it. The gun feels and shoots great in my hands and will be even better I think once I get the Pearce pinky extensions for the 9 round mags. The XD has a pretty good punch to it, even when compared to my 1911 .45, but it was very manageable for me and the other guy I was shooting with. The accuracy is also very good for a pistol with a 3" barrel and I was shooting some pretty decent groups right from the start. I think this will be a great carry pistol, and I look forward to my permit arriving in the mail so I can take a trip to Wally World with it and see how I feel with it out in public. On a side note, the guy I was shooting with today brought along his recently purchased G26, and after shooting my XD told me that he wished he had bought an XDsc rather than the 26. I also shot his 26 and I agree with him that the XD feels better to me than the Glock...my apologies to you Glock fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Npete7381 View Post
    I also shot his 26 and I agree with him that the XD feels better to me than the Glock...my apologies to you Glock fans out there.
    Absolutely true, I'm a Glock fan and I prefer my XD9 SC.

It's the first gun I have considered buying two the same of.

Nice congrats!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links