Put the XD in lay-a-way - Page 2

Put the XD in lay-a-way

This is a discussion on Put the XD in lay-a-way within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; XD is a great choice. Having owned Glocks for 20 years now, I had a chance to shoot an XD and realized what a better ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Put the XD in lay-a-way

XD is a great choice. Having owned Glocks for 20 years now, I had a chance to shoot an XD and realized what a better gun it is. Good luck.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    Sorry Ti, you're incorrect. The slides on Bi-Tone XD's are forged stainless steel with a satin finish.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/as...ook_XD9302.pdf
    +1, I was just about to post the same thing.

Congrats on the XD. I had an XD45 Service on layaway for a while but had to cancel it when I needed the cash to help out my best friend. Right now I'm paying off a G19, was going to pay it off next week but last week's root canal and crown ruined that plan ... to the tune of $2500!
    Jack

I just traded for a XD9 V-10.
    Have not had the chance to shoot it yet. Looks pretty cool though!

I have the XDsc 9mm and love to shoot it!
    but Im fat so its hard to conceal it with it's thickness.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Congrats on the XD. I had an XD45 Service on layaway for a while but had to cancel it when I needed the cash to help out my best friend. Right now I'm paying off a G19, was going to pay it off next week but last week's root canal and crown ruined that plan ... to the tune of $2500!
    Jack
    Man oh man, you sound like me. I have no luck and when I do get some, it's bad. Hang in there buddy. I usually order one and pick it up the next day or several weeks later. This one may take several months too get.

In my research I found that the XD was making impressions on Glock owners as well as the new buyers. And all I hear is good about them. It feels more like a 1911, which I carry most of the time. There is anything and everything avaliable you can imagine to get for it, and that's mostly what swayed my decision over the Taurus.

Very nice choice. It is stainless. I like 'em all. I saw the desert sand yesterday and it was nice also. I hard chromed my 9mm sc to look like yours.

My mistake!

Well then i guess the black slides are just not forged stainless. I was thinking of bead blasting my black slide and no can do like you can with say a S&W M&P.

I guess i found out the first thing i don't like about the XD's then.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I love my XD9sc, hope you love your XD too!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

I'm very anxious to get it. I've went several times to get a nice poly pistol and always something else caught my eye. Well, I can't say that there weren't several there that had me swaying and casting glances their way. I almost lost it when I checked out the EMP and the STI compact but I stuck to the plan and I do feel really good about my decision. I missed a great deal several weeks ago from the same dealer. He had a HK P2000 compact that he was giving me a super deal on. I took several days to think about it and it was gone when I went back.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    Be careful of the XDs....they have a tendency of multiplying.

If I put it in the same drawer as my Glock am I gonna end up with a mutant baby?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That'd be one perfect mutant baby! :p
    Beretta 92FS

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Animal Kracker....
    please excuse me, but I can't figure out which one you chose? is it the XD40? and do they make a .357 sig barrel for it?
    I started with a .45 service and the rumors are true...it quickly multiplied into a 9mm service...and if I am not careful a .40 will be quick to follow. I too am a bug 1911 fan, but those XD's are great firearms, and I love me some great firearms.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Saw One at Cabellas

And it was really nice. I might like the 40 ca. the best becuase of the size but I am a 45 ACP freak. What do you think?
    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links