Put the XD in lay-a-way

This is a discussion on Put the XD in lay-a-way within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been wanting a new polymer pistol for awhile. It seems as every time I go on the hunt, I end up getting another all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Put the XD in lay-a-way

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar

Put the XD in lay-a-way

I've been wanting a new polymer pistol for awhile. It seems as every time I go on the hunt, I end up getting another all metal pistol, mostly of the 1911 persuasion. Ive been looking hard at the Taurus Millenium Pro 145 and at the Springfield XD series. I've checked here and on the web about both pistols. And all the reviews were good on both. The thing that swayed me to the XD was the fact that there are lots more aftermarket toys for it. I do like that grip safety also, but that wasn't the deciding factor. Now comes the part of deciding on which one to get. I thought about a sub- compact, but finally decided on a compact. That gives a grip about the same as a officers 1911 and Springfield gives you the adapter and a full size mag making for a full sized grip if wanted. I looked at the .45acp which is a rounds that I do love. But wanting to go as slim and as light as possible with this one, I went with the .40S&W. That gives me the option of coming back later and getting the .357sig barrel. And for social work that is a excellent round, flat shooting and plenty loud. It's a .9mm on steroids. With a good JHP I feel that it is a very good personal defense round. The .40S&W is a nice round but I do like those big ol' .45acp bricks. I've been almost knocked off my motorcycle by a bug going 60mph when it smacked me right. The .357sig is a very fast bug. Oh man the agony of choices. I almost gave in when I looked at the Springfields EMP .9mm, then he shows me a compact STI in .40S&W. But luckily I had the lil WartHawg on me and decided that I already had several small framed 1911s. (the EMP is later) So I stuck with the plan and went for a poly. Now right now the cash flow is a little thin, relatives should not have birthdays every year. But I did promise her a Ipod Nano. And who needs brakes on their trucks really, I mean the horn works letting them know I'm coming and I'm slowing down. And what's up with all this steak dinner thing. Isn't a Wendy's burger just ground up steak? So hopefully in a month or so I'll have a new companion to join the rest of the crew.

2. Remove Ads

Animal... Did you go with the OD green or all black?

I have to wait 60 days for my OD green XD9sc to come from the factory due to back orders... If you have one on lay away and are waiting for it anyways, you could get the OD. (I have about 38 days left to wait... arrggh.)

JMHO... I think the black slide with the OD frame is a very cool color combination.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Be careful of the XDs....they have a tendency of multiplying.

I went with the standard black one. That matches my shoes better. lol-- Personally I prefer the black over the OD or the desert sand stuff. The Spiders have the two tone Green T and Black T on them. But if I refinish anymore I'd probaly go more bling with hard chrome and black. My dealer called and put the order in for me, I was wanting night sights. The only ones we saw listed with them were the 3" barreled sub-compacts. He had several full sized in stock. Since it's in layaway I'm not too worried about when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    JMHO... I think the black slide with the OD frame is a very cool color combination.
    That is a nice color combo.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Grats on the new gun. I prefer my XD's in Bi-Tone (stainless slide, black frame).

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I just picked up an XD45 compact a couple weeks ago. So far I have been impressed. Hope you enjoy yours.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Ok, I just off the phone with the dealer and changed my order to a stanless slide and black frame.

Great choice! Just so we are all straight as well as new members, the "bi tone" is not a stainless slide.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Great choice! Just so we are all straight as well as new members, the "bi tone" is not a stainless slide.

Ti
    Ah, a silver finish then. It should still look pretty nice. I was kinda rushing to get away before I changed my mind and ended up with another all metal one.... lol .... I think I'll like this one just fine.

Congrats...

On the choice change...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    Ah, a silver finish then. It should still look pretty nice. I was kinda rushing to get away before I changed my mind and ended up with another all metal one.... lol .... I think I'll like this one just fine.
    Correct, and they really look good in the bi-tone option, it was a great choice. I picked up a .45 Compact (black) last week or so ago and I'm loven it.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Animal... please post pics when you get it in your mitts.....

Congratulations...
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post

Ti

Sorry Ti, you're incorrect. The slides on Bi-Tone XD's are forged stainless steel with a satin finish.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/as...ook_XD9302.pdf

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    XDs are hard to beat.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links