Pf9 chronographed

This is a discussion on Pf9 chronographed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I went out to the pasture today and clocked some Speer 124gr +p 9mm out of the VERY short Kel-tec Pf9. I thought ...

Thread: Pf9 chronographed

Pf9 chronographed

Hey guys, I went out to the pasture today and clocked some Speer 124gr +p 9mm out of the VERY short Kel-tec Pf9. I thought some of you would want to know. These rounds are quite a handfull out of the baby KT. Anyway, I shot 5 shot groups and averaged them to 1172fps. It was 83 degrees, slight breeze, and I was standing 5 feet from the chrono. Pretty impressive round if you ask me. Just for kicks, I ran some through my Hi-Power with a 4in barrel. They averaged 1261fps. Just food for thought! Kevin.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    About 375 ft lbs - not too shabby at all.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1261 out of the HP is kinda high. Out of a 4" it should be pushing 1220.

hmmm very nice though

My new weapon of choice

Just bought the PF-9 and it's my new carry gun of choice (unless I'm heading into known BG territory - then it's the SA-XD40 with extra 12 mag) Maybe I should change my moniker to KT-PF9...

Anyone else pick up a PF-9? Got any comments good, bad or indifferent. (Except for the tupperware thing, of course....)
    When a criminal busts down your door in the middle of the night, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a phone?

When a thug shoves a gun in your face in the mall parking lot, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a cellphone?

ak-kev...

Thanks a lot... I'm waiting for my XD9sc and have been wondering how 124 gr. +P Gold Dots chrono'd in a 3" barrel.

I appreciate your post!

Semper Fi.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Glk30....I thought I read somewhere that their stated velocities were 1250fps?? I could be wrong though.

Bark'n...............Your very welcome! Im glad it was a benifit to somebody.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

ak-kev...

it was very helpful.. hard to find chrono's posted in spec sheets for 3" barrels and that is the round in particular I plan on using in my BUG. It has a proven track record in shooting incidents. Also nice to know it only loses less than 100 fps than a 4" barrel.

Now if I can only handle the load in my subcompact. I have some nerve damage and get numbness rather quickly when shooting power loads in small packages. Which is why I'm going with 9mm instead of .40 in my BUG.

Any time you chrono a round, please feel free to post results for us.

Very useful!

Thanks again
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ak-kev...

it was very helpful.. hard to find chrono's posted in spec sheets for 3" barrels and that is the round in particular I plan on using in my BUG. It has a proven track record in shooting incidents. Also nice to know it only loses less than 100 fps than a 4" barrel.

Now if I can only handle the load in my subcompact. I have some nerve damage and get numbness rather quickly when shooting power loads in small packages. Which is why I'm going with 9mm instead of .40 in my BUG.

Any time you chrono a round, please feel free to post results for us.

Very useful!

Thanks again

Thank you sir. I shot 5 shots and avereged them. Im looking at them now. They were; 1147, 1174, 1151, 1189, and 1200. Which averged out to 1172fps. I was impressed with these Speers too.

BUT, like you say, they are a handfull when being shot out of a 3" tube. At least they were in my Kel-Tec. They would be fine for a defensive situation, but definatly NOT for plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SA-XD40 View Post
    Just bought the PF-9 and it's my new carry gun of choice (unless I'm heading into known BG territory - then it's the SA-XD40 with extra 12 mag) Maybe I should change my moniker to KT-PF9...

Anyone else pick up a PF-9? Got any comments good, bad or indifferent. (Except for the tupperware thing, of course....)
    I just picked one up last week, nice gun, noticeable recoil!

I have only put through 50 rnds so far, not a single problem as of yet. I love it, only wish it didnt have the useless accessory rail. I have thrown it in the front pocket a few times and it hardly even prints. I have ordered an Elite pocket holster and a pachmayr slip grip, just waitin to get those in..

Links