I have a new Ruger P345 coming

This is a discussion on I have a new Ruger P345 coming within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I ordered a KP345(no rail).My dealer ordered it through Davidson's so I get a lifetime replacement warranty. The pistol cost me $480.00 tax ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a new Ruger P345 coming

Talking I have a new Ruger P345 coming

Last night I ordered a KP345(no rail).My dealer ordered it through Davidson's so I get a lifetime replacement warranty.
    The pistol cost me $480.00 tax included.Since I live in NY state I will submit my ammendment to the Judge on Tuesday and about a week and a half later I'll pick up my pistol.
    Now all I have to do is get a good IWB holster.

2. Remove Ads

You chose wisely, grasshopper. I've got one and love it.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    It's a nice gun. I like mine.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

You won't regret your choice. Love mine.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Great gun it won't let u down. Just don't dry fire without a magazine

Ditto to whats been said already have had mine a liitle over a year and not one problem always goes bang even if i fall behind on the cleaning.

Being that you can't dryfire without a mag, how do you an "unload and show clear" at an IDPA match? The matches I've been at we have to dry fire on en empty gun without a magazine (after inspection of course).

thats a nice full size for the money !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Those P series guns aren't beauty queens but they're built like tanks. I'd be really surprised if you ever experienced a problem that fresh springs or mags wouldn't cure.
    Jack

rugers

I have more than a few rugers, no auto pistols.
    I don't think you can go wrong with one,
    I can't speak of the pistols though.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Being that you can't dryfire without a mag, how do you an "unload and show clear" at an IDPA match? The matches I've been at we have to dry fire on en empty gun without a magazine (after inspection of course).
    Decock lever would be the only way with the KP345 in order to not take the chance of messing it up. I can't believe they require you to dry fire your gun to show it's empty. Seems kinda strange to me. I'm not doubting you it just doesn't make sense to me. To me it would seem well enough to rack the slide three times, then (keep your thumb pressed up underneath the slide stop) check chamber with pinky finger to ensure that there is no round in the chamber. I'm not saying they are wrong. I just personally disagree.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

I don't dry fire anything. It just ain't natural. When you fire, you fire.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Quote Originally Posted by Alien Nation View Post
    Decock lever would be the only way with the KP345 in order to not take the chance of messing it up. I can't believe they require you to dry fire your gun to show it's empty. Seems kinda strange to me. I'm not doubting you it just doesn't make sense to me. To me it would seem well enough to rack the slide three times, then (keep your thumb pressed up underneath the slide stop) check chamber with pinky finger to ensure that there is no round in the chamber. I'm not saying they are wrong. I just personally disagree.
    The IDPA events I've been at. At the end of stage. Drop mag. Rack slide multiple times (ejecting round), lock action open, inspect for clear, let RSO (whatever the title is) inspect for clear. Then I have to release slide, point at safe direction (usually into ground downrange) and squeeze the trigger. Re-holster and then pick up my live round (EDIT: and magazine) from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    The IDPA events I've been at. At the end of stage. Drop mag. Rack slide multiple times (ejecting round), lock action open, inspect for clear, let RSO (whatever the title is) inspect for clear. Then I have to release slide, point at safe direction (usually into ground downrange) and squeeze the trigger. Re-holster and then pick up my live round (EDIT: and magazine) from the ground.
    That's cool but I just don't get why you can't just use a decocker if the gun is so equipped. Especially after you've already done all the other stuff.

Don't get me wrong I'm a firm believer in dry fire practice. I believe it to be an indespensable of the trigger control learning process.
    Last edited by Alien Nation; June 12th, 2007 at 01:17 AM.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

i got around the dry fire thing with snap caps. one in the chamber and one or more in the mag for slide racking practice.
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links