Got my Kahr P40 back

Got my Kahr P40 back

This is a discussion on Got my Kahr P40 back within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr sent me my P40 back yesterday. I was without it for a little over two weeks. Not too bad. When I first got it, ...

Thread: Got my Kahr P40 back

Got my Kahr P40 back

Kahr sent me my P40 back yesterday. I was without it for a little over two weeks. Not too bad.

When I first got it, I had several malfunctions even after the 200 round break in period. I told Kahr customer service that it was not feeding properly. They replaced my barrel and polished the feed ramp. They also gave me a new recoil spring.

I went to the range today and fired 175 federal ball ammo 165 gr and 25 federal hydra-shok hollow points also in 165 gr. The gun performed flawlessly.

I am very pleased with how Kahr handled the situation and even more pleased that I now have a reliable gun to add to the carry collection.

Right now she rides in a DeSantis thumb break and I have a 7 round mag in a DeSantis mag holder. I am still waiting for my IWB holster from Fist for better concealment.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I'm glad Kahr took care of your weapon. Here is a copy of the email I sent them on Friday. I started this claim last Monday.

To whom it may concern,

To let it be known, thus far I have not been impressed by Kahr Arms. I bought a new P40 and paid $604 for it, thinking that I was getting a quality pistol that I could rely on. I've also heard much good about your customer service as well. I still have not been impressed. Both my pistol AND the magazines have problems which have not yet been addressed, because I've been told twice now that FedEx would be coming out to my house to pick the gun up. This has not happened. I was first told this on Monday, and then again on Wednesday during a callback. My RA number is [edit].

I had then sent an email, since I've of course had much time to think about my broken firearm, since its still at my house not getting repaired, regarding trading it out and paying the cost difference for a different model. That email also has not been returned.

Since service has been so poor, I'm going to ask if I can somehow just get a refund if I provide my receipt. If not, I'll send the pistol in myself. The only mailing center near my house that will ship a firearm is more than 70 miles away. I don't see why I should have to pay for the shipping or waste my time driving it there to begin with since I was sold a faulty product, despite all of the hype in your advertisements. After it is repaired, I will promptly be selling it and buying another "BLOCK". At least all of the "BLOCKs" I've owned have never given me so much as a hiccup.

This P40 has randomly failed to return to battery, stove piped and misfed right out of the box, on top of the accuracy issue it now has as well as two broken magazine followers. This is, of course, using several types of ammunition that I now wish I hadn't wasted my money on in the first place.

I recently ordered a $6.00 spring for my Kahr K9 and was told it would ship in 4 to 6 weeks and $6.00 shipping.

I also fell for the Kahr hipe and bought a Kahr/AO 1911 PKZ. Out of the box the grip saftey stuck down (nice saftey feature LOL). I called and as usual got the "leave a msg and someone will return your call". That was about six weeks ago and no one has returned my call. I feel that a defect that seriously affects the saftey of a firearm would warrant a call. I took the new pistol to a gunsmith who informed me that the gun was a POS, and it is. I don't want to sell it to someone with that defect.
    Kahr touts their ISO 9002 manufacturing capability in their ads, but overall, I would rate their quality and customer service at the bottom of all domestic firearms manufacturers.

Ryan, I'm sorry that you are having all these problems. I am fortunate enough to have a Fedex shipping center close to my house. The issue that I had previous to sending it out was failure to feed, not accuracy.

Now that you mention it, my follower on the 6 round mag broke as well. I thought that it was from hitting the cement floor. When I reload, I just hit the mag release letting the mag fall free as I reach for my spare mag. However, the follower being broken has not affected the accuracy of the weapon.

If you are stating that the follower being broken is a polymer problem, than I guess I will be calling Kahr to send me a new one.

I also dislike the add where Kahr refers to Glocks as Blocks. I own and have owned several Glocks (17, 19, 26, 23, 27, 30, 36) all performed very well. The only issue I had was the 36's slide would come forward off of the frame after hard racking. Glock replaced it with the 30.

I wish you luck and hope that Kahr takes care of you the way they took care of me.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Glad your Kahrs future is looking bright. Did they tell you what they did to fix it?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Glad your Kahrs future is looking bright. Did they tell you what they did to fix it?
    They replaced the barrel, polished the feedramp on it, and replaced the recoil spring. It worked. I went from many malfunctions to "ZERO". I was very pleased.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links