Not sure about J-frame pocket carry - Page 2

Not sure about J-frame pocket carry

This is a discussion on Not sure about J-frame pocket carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went through my shorts collection and tried these Columbia's with the Nemisis and 637. The front pocket worked OK, but the zippered pocket just behind ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure about J-frame pocket carry

Well, maybe these will work

Went through my shorts collection and tried these Columbia's with the Nemisis and 637. The front pocket worked OK, but the zippered pocket just behind the front pocket seemed to be just the ticket. Large enough to hold the holster & gun and providing a pretty good draw using the thumb, or index finger to keep the hammer from snagging the fabric, and also adds the extra concealment afforded by the zipper.

Also, the added thickness of the pocket material in front of the zippered pocket seemed to "smooth out" the bulge. The leg of these shorts may be a little smaller in dia. than some of the others because there wasn't the flopping aroung as there was with the cargo shortsJust tried this combo today for the first time, so will have to further evaluate,but this set up looks very promising.

I think these were in the $30.00 range IIRC. Maybe worth a look for this application.

[/IMG]

Jim

Trying the pic again

[/IMG]

PIC??

Well, the pic. of the shorts is in the Defensive carry gallery, if you want to see them. I don't know why the image won't show up here.

Sorry,
    Jim

Ron
    I pocket carry a S&W 642 with model 405 Crimson Trace Laser Grips, in all kinds of shorts and pants, cargo and Docker type, in a Mika pocket holster and have not experienced any of the problems described. The holster fits well, absolutely does not print, and the draw is smooth. I don't wear jeans, so can't comment on how it would work with jeans. The only compromise I have made is that I would normally carry my wallet in my left front pocket and my keys in my right front pocket. But, now since my gun is in my right front pocket, I have to carry my wallet in my back pocket, which is not my preference, and my keys are now carried in my left front pocket.

For me, that is a minor issue in order to be able to pocket carry, since I have not yet been able to carry IWB comfortably.

And, I am now working with Bob Mika to make a pocket holster for my Walther P99c.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I carry a 442 in a Kramer pocket and agree with the advice here. Good points. I'll have to get a Mika and give it a go sometime.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links