Input requested: Glock 26/27, Kahr Arms - Page 2

Input requested: Glock 26/27, Kahr Arms

This is a discussion on Input requested: Glock 26/27, Kahr Arms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own both a G26 and a Kahr PM9. I've had the Glock for about 2 years and have not had a single problem with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input requested: Glock 26/27, Kahr Arms

I own both a G26 and a Kahr PM9. I've had the Glock for about 2 years and have not had a single problem with it as far as reliability. It shoots beautifully and is accurate with my only issue being that it's width makes it difficult for me to conceal. I've only had the Kahr a few months but am equally pleased with it. It's much thinner thanks to that single stack magazine and quite a bit shorter as well. I've only got about 400 rounds thru it and have not had a single failure to feed or any other malfunction. My only complaint with the Kahr is that the trigger pull seems exceedingly long compared to my Glock. It also seems to not be as accurate at longer ranges (30 yds out). On the other hand this could just be due to the fact that I haven't shot it nearly as much. Both are excellent guns to own though I definitely carry the Kahr more since it virtually disappears under just a t-shirt.

Welcome!

Flranger:

Welcome to CombatCarry. There are quality people here, and I think you'll find it's a good source of information. Speaking of which, thanks for your input on the Glock/Kahr question. Keep those comments coming.

SSKC

Yw, thanks for the welcome!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    One additional data point on Glocks - last week when I was shooting at the bowling pin match, one of the regulars had brought the 9mm Glock that he had traded his revolver for (got tired of the reloading half way through the frame). Partway through the very first frame it fired slightly out of battery, blowing the extractor out, blowing the magazine out, and leaving part of the brass case in the chamber. It is the first and only time I have seen a Glock malfunction first hand.

You have two great pistols to chose from. I have two Glocks and two Kahrs. My 27 works very well and with the new trigger system, I love it. The MK9 is a little on the heavy side, however seems to be 100% reliable. I also have a Rohrbaugh R9s that is with me everyday. Now this is the smallest I've seen, it dwarfs the Glock, Kahr and the Kel Tec. Its a little pricey. You have good taste find the one you like and shoot best.
    T.A.P.S.
    Tactics-Accuracy-Power-Speed

Unhappy Glock Malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan
    Partway through the very first frame it fired slightly out of battery, blowing the extractor out, blowing the magazine out, and leaving part of the brass case in the chamber. It is the first and only time I have seen a Glock malfunction first hand.
    I wonder if they were using lead reloads? I've seen a Glock barrel go because of heavy leading. Blew out the trigger group and almost took my buddy's finger along for the trip. Yikes!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links