XD 40

This is a discussion on XD 40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a Springfield XD-40. I was at the range and they had a new one on display. I held and it just ...

Thread: XD 40

XD 40

I just picked up a Springfield XD-40. I was at the range and they had a new one on display. I held and it just fit my hand like a glove. Anyone else have one or have any thoughts. What about a IWB holster? I love the way it feels with the extended magazine.

2. Remove Ads

I have one and love it. My IWB is a high noon split decision with a 15 degree forward rake. It fits my frame well and didnt bust the bank. I also have a Don Hume IWB but its a bit thick for my tastes. My Hume OWB pancake holster is excellent, however, and fits both my XD40 service and my XD9SC.

Quote Originally Posted by matdicdad View Post
    What about a IWB holster?
    I can recommend the De Santis Tuck This.

I have an xd 9 the sub compact and an xd 45 compact great guns check out www.xdtalk.com. For my 9 Iwb I use the don hume 715 and I have a k&d dakota on order for the 45

I asked about an IWB for my XD45 in here (holster side) recently. As usual in here, much good advice. Check out the tread if your interested. There is a lot of quality leather out there. I'm probably going to get a crossbreed. Your XD40 is more close to the same size than not. Congrats on your XD....your going to love it.

Good Choice

I got an XD40sc a few weeks ago and I love it. I don't have a great holster for it right now, just a cheapo Uncle Mike's IWB, but I have one no order from K&D. You'll like the XD it's a great gun
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-- Robert A. Heinlein

milt sparks versa max 2 works VERY nice for me.

i also have a fobus ankle holster that works great for a beater.

and a blackhawk kydex paddle.

the fobus and the blackhawk both can hold either my 40sc or my 45C, which opens up my options for whatever mood/scenario i'm looking at.

VIP Member
    I looked at them and liked the feel of them, trigger pull was surprising good.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    I have a service model that is about 3 years old. I really like it. I don't carry IWB so no suggestions there, if you switch to OWB look at the Aker leather flat sider.

Ya gonna love that XD, I have a XD40 SC in a MS VMII. I forgot how light the thing was until I put next to my current carry SIG P229R also in VMII. Whoa, no wonder I've been a lil lopsided.

If ya can swing it and wait you'll love the VMII. Although I've grown accustom to AKJ Concealco.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I have a Tuck This and it has been "ok" for now. It's my first holster and I think I have learned alot having it. It's been fine but with the single j hook it rests on the pants with no belt support...so I feel like #1 I am adjusting it often (but that could be just cause I am new to carrying) and #2 that I have to wear my belt real tight (but that just may be me getting used to carrying as well). Within a couple weeks I should have my Crossbreed Supertuck here and I am really excited to have it coming. The things I like about the Tuck This I think will be amplified with the SuperTuck and the things I don't like should be addressed. We shall see.

If the SuperTuck doesn't work out for me, my next option is the Tucker Answer. I think one of those 2 will be the right one.

If you like the pistol and it fits you then I say good choice.

JP
    XD-40 SubCompact with OD Green frame

My wife carries an XD .40 sub-compact everyday and her holster is a Galco Matrix. It isn't an IWB as she does not like IWB carry, can't blame her because I really don't like it either. But, the Matrix does vanish under an untucked T-shirt.

You'll love the XD if you get one. It is a well made gun that has a very comfortable grip. It is easy to shoot accurately too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links