CC options for G26 w/ formal business attire

This is a discussion on CC options for G26 w/ formal business attire within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure this has been beaten to death, but couldn't find anything exactly answering my question using the search... I have a G26 and currently carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sure this has been beaten to death, but couldn't find anything exactly answering my question using the search... I have a G26 and currently carry using a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster (found quite a few recommendations for it using Google). This works ok, but if I sit or lean the wrong way it prints through my pants. I wear dress slacks and an oxford style button down shirt all the time except on weekends. A jacket or vest is definitely out because the weather here would only permit me to wear it for a few weeks out of the year. I heard there are some IWB holsters that allow you to tuck your shirt in. Other than that or an ankle holster, are there any other options I should investigate?

Administrator
    "Thunderwear" works well and there are lots of tuckable IWB holsters. Other members are far more knowledgable in the holster dept. than I am, I'm sure they will chime in.

Maybe try a different pocket holster? I can say that you will go through a few different holsters and methods of carrying before you settle on whats right for you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I carry a G23 in a galco USA (or is it UDC?). It is an IWB & tuckable holster.

No problems at all in my office, dress shirt and slacks attire in our close quarters.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Greetings. I would recomed that you take a peak at what I use daily to conceal in business environment daily. Just do a search of my screne name or "UC Comfort" and you'll find a number of post covering this topic.

Good luck.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

The holster bands that velcro together under you shirt work very well. Access to your weapon is through an unbuttoned button, and is much easier than you might expect (I carry a G23 this way). Printing isn't noticable with dark shirts, and I understand that it is limited with white shirts. I use it and like it, especially in summer. My usual .02 cetavos.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

SmartCarry is my recommendation. If you doubt it's effectiveness, try their 60-day free trial. http://www.smartcarry.com/
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Radical approach - thinner gun - Kahr P9

The Glock 26 is a reliable 9mm gun, and quite short in length and height. It does suffer from one disadvantage, however, and that is its thickness. When used in deep concealment, such as with a tuckable, IWB holster, it does make a "bump" that can be seen under your clothing.

If you were willing to consider an alternative gun, you could replace the G26 with a polymer frame Kahr P9 that would be considerably thinner and easier to conceal under your clothing. Here are some comparative photos that show the G26 and P9 side by side. Note how much thinner the Kahr is:

And here is a Kahr P9 in a Tucker Gunleather IWB tuckable holster called the "Cover Up Plus":

You might want to look a Fist #1 Holster with tuckable options.

I have found appendix carry works when using this holster.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

+1 On The Smart Carry

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    One problem ya'al using tuckers arnt mentioning to the gentleman. You will always have a clip/loop or some sort that can be seen and your pretty much forced to a two hand draw. If it works for ya thats great, but in the business environment I work in, a clip of any type brings attention to it, and alot of folks in the business world are very dress concious and spot things like that quickly.

There are some awsome tucker holsters out there, but with the exception of the ones using velcro on the back of your belt they all have that one flaw that brings attention to them (or to a trained eye screams gun).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Fed,
    good point. I prefer the galco as the clip is very small, perhaps 1/4" wide. A black belt does help it blend very nicely.

But the visible clip? Oh that's a pedometer.

someone needs to design a IWB clip that holds a cell phone :) Maybe you could superglue a phone clip to your IWB clip? Anyone ever try this?
    Highwayman Rider

"An armed society is a polite society."
    -R.A. Heinlein

well,kind of.
    it's called pagerpal and i dont use it but i have heard nothing good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredw View Post
    I have a G26 and currently carry using a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster (found quite a few recommendations for it using Google). This works ok, but if I sit or lean the wrong way it prints through my pants. I wear dress slacks and an oxford style button down shirt all the time except on weekends.
    Have you tried carrying a handkerchief in the same pocket? I don't have any pocket pistols, but I remember my CHP instructor mentioning using a handkerchief in the same pocket to break up the gun's outline along with a pocket holster.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by ebk637 View Post
    well,kind of.
    it's called pagerpal and i dont use it but i have heard nothing good about it.
    the concept is GREAT. The execution and qualtiy is atrocious. I've seen and tried them at gun shows and they're not up to my standards.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links