Smith & Wesson M3913

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson M3913 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last week when I bought the little Smith revolver, I also got a lightly used S&W 3913, 9mm single stack 3" barrel DA / SA ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M3913

Smith & Wesson M3913

Last week when I bought the little Smith revolver, I also got a lightly used S&W 3913, 9mm single stack 3" barrel DA / SA auto.
    It's all metal, Stainless steel slide & Aluminum frame.
    I took it to the range today (after a thorough cleaning, lubrication & polishing of some internal moving parts, plus installing Hogue grips) for a shakedown.
    What a nice pistol! I used ammunition from 4 different manufacturers, all factory. Two FMJ & two JHP, all 115 ~ 125 grain. No failures of any kind over 200 rds fired using both magazines. Nice ragged 2" hole in target centered about 2" right of POA @ 30 ft. (okay there were some fliers - - - - Oh well, a lot of fliers, but still a raggedy hole )
    Recoil was MUCH less than I had anticipated for a lightweight compact 9mm. Very pleasant to shoot. Trigger is a bit heavy in both DA & SA mode but fairly smooth. I think that a little trigger work & I'll have another excellent concealed carry pistol.
    Any of the wizards of this forum have any advice or suggestions about this piece? I'd be happy to listen.

Roger

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Congrats on the 3913 purchase, I bought mine in 1994 and have enjoyed it. I can't give any suggestions on upgrades, since I haven't done anything except replace some worn springs. Mine is the older silver trigger/hammer version.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I think the S&W line is underated as a whole , and that little single stack 3913 is the most underrated of all of them . If i wouldnt get beat by the kahr owners union i would almost say its a kahr at 1/2 to 1/3 the price when you shop around lol . You do have to riealise i have a fondness of single stack autos no matter the cal .. or even brand .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    I love the 3913....great gun; one of the best S&W 3rd generation guns made.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator
    Yup, the 3913 is a good one indeed and that is coming from me, I dog S&W autos every chance I get.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Which 3913 did you get?

There are at least two versions of the S&W 3913 - the standard model and the "Ladysmith" model. They vary in overall shape and frame color, although they are both single stack 9mm guns. I was curious which one you got:

The standard 3913:

The 3913 Ladysmith:

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    (SNIP)If i wouldnt get beat by the kahr owners union i would almost say its a kahr at 1/2 to 1/3 the price when you shop around lol . (SNIP).
    Hey...and what exactly do you mean by that...huh?

Don't mess with us in the KOU there buddy....

...just messing with you!

The only real advantage I see with the Kahr (and I own two 9mm polymer framed Kahrs) is the weight really. However, a new CW9 Kahr would probably be as inexpensive as a used 3913; maybe a tad more expensive. The other Kahr 9mm's I would guess would be more than a 3913.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL srfl as ya know i got a couple of them " plastic Kahrs " too , and love them .. Maby the CW is as cheap as a 39xx series smith , but the cw wont offer dove tailed sights ect .. Honestly the smiths are underrated , and could i not get a kahr i would shop for another one . As posted lately , i just financed my first born to pick up a p7 format , we will see if i like it or not , but i am shure i can get my bucks back if i dont LOL and if i do it will make a fine starter on a bbq gun that is not a revolver .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

We had been having alot of trouble finding a SA that fit my wife's hand until we found the LadySmith 3913. My wife loves it and enjoys shooting it. They are, however, very difficult to find and it is my understanding that S&W has dropped the 3913 from their catalog and line due to a lack of interest and cost, so we'll be hanging on to ours.

Oh yeah, spare mags are also a booger at $30.00 a piece.
    Rodney

Congrats on your 3913 because it is a great gun.

I had (I should not have sold it) 39-2 in near perfect condition. It still was the most accurate pistol I have shot with its 4" barrel and barrel bushing like a 1911.

Join the S&W forum and check out the classified ads for mag deals.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Super Trucker;
    Mine has the silver color trigger. There was a second pistol in the showcase with a black trigger. What's the difference?
    The model # stamped on my slide is just "Mod 3913" It's a standard 3913, not a Ladysmith.
    Should I go back & buy the black trigger model. It's almost unused and unworn. ~~$450.00? (also not a ladysmith)

Roger
    Last edited by Velocette; June 3rd, 2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: accuracy

Yes you should.

Congrats on your 3913. Mine is an early version also, with silver barstock trigger, and silver spurless hammer. Some later models had black, MIM hammers and triggers. You can tell by the seam, or mold line, in the back of the hammer.

IMHO the 3913 is the best 9mm CCW pistol going. I've got thousands of trouble free rounds through mine. Light weight, accurate and uber reliable. Also has one more round on tap than the Kahr, whats not to like? Enjoy yours. Regards 18DAI.

I recently traded off a CZ75B to get my 3913 (pretty good as a first post on in this forum) . It works great as a summer CCW .

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2;
    There are at least two versions of the S&W 3913 - the standard model and the "Ladysmith" model. They vary in overall shape and frame color, although they are both single stack 9mm guns. I was curious which one you got:

The standard 3913:

The 3913 Ladysmith:

My hunny's got the 3913LS, damn them mags are expensive!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links