Any experience with Sig 245?

This is a discussion on Any experience with Sig 245? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local gunshop has a new Sig 245 that has been on the shelf for awhile that they just marked down. I know that they ...

Thread: Any experience with Sig 245?

Any experience with Sig 245?

My local gunshop has a new Sig 245 that has been on the shelf for awhile that they just marked down. I know that they are not made anymore, but I was thinking of picking it up. I like that you can get the 8 round magazines with grip adapter that turns it into a full size (kind of like the XD's). Anybody have experience + or - with it?
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

2. Remove Ads

normal, I do not care for Sigs; they do not feel right in my hand. A 1911 feels just right to me. With this said, my P245 has been flawless. I have never had a Sig that did not shoot well or was inaccurate; they just are not for me. Regards, Richard

Normal,

I have two. One with standard SIG sights and one with XS Big Dot sights that I had SIG install when they were running a special a few years ago...buy a SIG get XS sights free with installation.

They are both great firearms...to me like a 220 that went through a shrinkage process. SIG quality of course! I really like the one with the XS sights for carry.

If the price is right, I would highly recommend them.

FF

Here's another big P245 fan. I found mine a little more than a year ago and even used it last Summer in IDPA. My P245 is totally dependable, 2.5"/25 yards accurate and (because of the ability to change the magazine/butt configuration) very adaptable. I especially like the feel of the extension available on 8 round Sig mags. On the other hand, the short 6 round mag makes the gun considerably easier to conceal.

I liked my P245 so much that I traded a sweet Kimber Compact for a used P220 earlier this year. Both of my guns are German/stamped-welded slide models. They fit in the same holsters (buy for the P220 and the P245 will fit also) and offer the same system/trigger feel. I've become a Sig convert.

My P245 now does concealed carry duty while my P220 will have IDPA responsibilities. (By the way, I can tell no difference in the accuracy of these two platforms).

I recently traded a j frame to get my p245.
    I have had it for a few weeks now and i love it!
    I usually carry it in a crosbreed or in smartcarry.
    The only thing I can see being an issue is finding stuff for it.
    I have been wanting a set of wood grips and can not find them for the p245.I did find a set of new factory grips and bought those.
    hopefully with the 220 compact out now there will be alot more available for the p245.

I had one for about a year and really liked it, but traded it for my Wilson Combat Professional.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Thanks for the information. I was a little hesitant since they had stopped making them. Seems like I may have to start working on the wife for permission. Illinois is in the process of banning high capacity magazines and this looks like it would be a good low cap. option. Thanks again.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Links