Nighthawk Predator Range Report

This is a discussion on Nighthawk Predator Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Awwwww Mannnnnnn.........That's the pits I would send it back with a little sticky note asking to test fire the weapon before they return to you. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nighthawk Predator Range Report

Awwwww Mannnnnnn.........That's the pits I would send it back with a little sticky note asking to test fire the weapon before they return to you.
    Like Bud says, It could possibly be a mag catch, which is an easy fix, and hopfully nothing more than simple fix is in order. I hate it when I spend big money for something, and it fails me on the first go-around. I do understand everything may be flawed, but when you get replacment parts from the factory, and they still fail you, time for the Company to take a look at the component suppliers. Personally, I would feel better knowing a weapon was test fired prior to leaving the facility, and test target results were supplied in the box. I hope they go right thru it and the gun comes back all fixed and better than when you sent it out. I'm looking forward to seeing your re-test of the weapon when you get it back Good luck

2. Remove Ads

Hi Prospector, nice going on just looking hang in there and observe for a little while. Sending the gun back is going to change the tech function of the problem and maybe we don't understand enough yet. Document as you go!!! I would first establish test rounds with new brass. Develop a test scheme to say load 3 rounds in a magazine test fire, document etc. Try to determine what else is wrong as your great write up does to date. I am saying this if you got the time etc. The problem is a little harsh you got but these problems usually have such small issues as the culprit. Best to you.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Red face

Class3NH...the gun came with a test fired target, but they only shot 5rds...if they used my clips and had loaded 8rds, they'd have found the problem from the git-go.

Forty-Five...yeah, I think I'll also bring my Wilson mags to try out on the next trip to the range. As I had indicated though, I didn't have any problems with the last 120 or so rds, so it might have been a combination of the follower grind and the wearing of internal parts...namely the mag release or trigger areas...dunno....but I'll giver another chance before packing and shipping.....I noticed that Berryville Arkansas is about a 6 hr drive from here....might even be worth a trip to them personally.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    This is the reason why I like Terry Tussey. He's the one who takes the pistol to the range the first time. He's the one who deals with diagnosing the stove-pipes, the double feeds, the FTE's, the FTX's and all the other stoppages caused by magazines and hollowpoint ammo.

I get a dirty, functional custom gun returned.
    Terry Tussey also builds custom guns for the likes of Steven Seagal. IS that a good thing or a bad thing? Dunno, it's just a thing.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I noticed that Berryville Arkansas is about a 6 hr drive from here....might even be worth a trip to them personally. Now Prospector sir please be sure and scrape them boots good before you go inside. Smile
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

Prospector? maybe if you called em, they would bring you into the shop, show you how they produced the guns, worked on yours and took you out to the range to give it a good go-around and gave you some goodies for traveling so far. It might be well worth the trip, cuz I think I'd attempt doing it if I were you

Prospector:

You are handling this very well.

I personally would be really, really pissed off. A $300 Taurus economy pistol functions correctly out of the box. I don't know how I'd react if my uber expensive 1911 had such a problem as this.

Euc i would be uber P.O'ed too if it was me

Gotta chuckle...life is just too darn short....besides, I've learned to live with the curse placed on me over 50 years ago..."Buy High, Sell Low".....just doesn't seem to matter what I do. Yeah, gotta admit I'm a bit dissappointed but, hey, it'll be ok....someday. I'll just keep workin at it. By the way, I've got a Beretta 92 that has never given me a problem. The Kimber Eclipse I bought last year gave me problems but was quickly solved when I sent it back to them.

Maybe if I do go to the Nighthawk place with a sad look, sad story, and their sad gun....they might do me up right.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links