XD-9 Question

XD-9 Question

This is a discussion on XD-9 Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a new XD-9 SC and i have noticed that the short clip may have a problem, when i load it at number 7 ...

Thread: XD-9 Question

XD-9 Question

I have a new XD-9 SC and i have noticed that the short clip may have a problem, when i load it at number 7 it becomes loose to the point that i can shake it and you hear number 7 clanking around. i brokedown the clip, cleaned it and check for anything. my question is i have registered it with springfield will they replace it? anyone know?

My full size xd9 mags do this sometimes, but it doesn't seem to impact anything. Still chambers the rounds correctly, and if it does it, I can usually back off a few rounds, reload them, and it'll stop the rattling.

yea i did that if i take one out it wont rattle but i put it in it does it.

If you're worried about it, call Springfield. They've got awesome customer service. BTW, to keep people from eating you alive, you may want to call it a magazine instead of a clip. =)

I have noticed this "problem" as well. The good news is, it isn't a problem. The magazine will still perform without any issues, just the annoyance of the “loose” round. When the rounds are put into the magazines, they stack in a certain pattern. For some reason, this pattern allows room for the seventh round to wiggle, thus creating the rattling noise. I have put well over 5,000 rounds through my XD9SC and have had no problems with the ten-round magazines.

oh,ok habit ... thanks!

VIP Member
    Other firearm mags do the same.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    I have noticed this "problem" as well. The good news is, it isn't a problem. The magazine will still perform without any issues, just the annoyance of the “loose” round. When the rounds are put into the magazines, they stack in a certain pattern. For some reason, this pattern allows room for the seventh round to wiggle, thus creating the rattling noise. I have put well over 5,000 rounds through my XD9SC and have had no problems with the ten-round magazines.
    Thanks for the insight!

Quote Originally Posted by kittensrtasty View Post
    Thanks for the insight!
    Sure thing. When I first noticed the rattling on my XD9SC mags, I really started to worry that it might affect the performance. With some trial and error, I realized it was nothing more than a nuisance.

Good luck.

Mine does it as well. It's never been a problem. It's been a common question over at the XDTalk forum..

Don't worry about it..

And have fun shooting the new XD!!
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Most of my XD mags rattle when full.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    As for Springfield's customer service....it is outstanding....my brother bought a micro compact and had a mag not work right....they had a new one at his door the next day!!! no charge....hard to beat service like that.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    As for Springfield's customer service....it is outstanding....my brother bought a micro compact and had a mag not work right....they had a new one at his door the next day!!! no charge....hard to beat service like that.
    That's helps for repeat customers also. I might really like a pistol but if I ever need something and get the runaround by customer service it'll make me think about that when I start looking around again. I have a XD in layaway and it's good too hear that Springfield is on top of it.

I just got my XD9sc Saturday. My 10 round mag does the same thing but both my 16 round mags don't.

I think it may be a common thing in the 10 round mags it seems.

First 350 rounds without a hiccup. I'm going to put another 200 through it this weekend too but I'm not expecting any problems.

So far it has been very Sweeeet! And my friends all hate me now!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Pick up the Pearce grip extension for the 10 rnd magazine. You will love that SC even more!
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Sponsored Links