$ is no object...BEST 45 ACP for CCW - Page 4

$ is no object...BEST 45 ACP for CCW

This is a discussion on $ is no object...BEST 45 ACP for CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always been partial to the Springfield Champion. But I do love the Bob Tailed versions of any 1911. I am a bit ashamed ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have always been partial to the Springfield Champion.

But I do love the Bob Tailed versions of any 1911.

I am a bit ashamed to say it but, I currently do not own a single handgun that is chambered for the .45ACP. I really should do something to rectify that injustice.........now to convince the wife.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post

I am a bit ashamed to say it but, I currently do not own a single handgun that is chambered for the .45ACP. I really should do something to rectify that injustice.........now to convince the wife.
    Get an XD, $500 and no 'smithing required.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Get an XD, $500 and no 'smithing required.
    +10
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Lbc Trs

IMO, as a strictly CCW, I dont think you can beat a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.

Baers are built like tanks and are more accurate, as reliable and likely more durable than anything out there.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I've had quite a few high-end firearms. I find myself going the '65 stock Chevy pickup route: everything mentioned above is reliable, but "custom" represents an investment that could leave you unarmed, if you used your weapon, and it was held pending investigation. For the $$, 2-3 USPs, Sig 220s, or Glock 30s.

Double-post. Oops!

Depends on what you want it for.

Member Array Cactus Jack Garner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping View Post
    IMO, as a strictly CCW, I dont think you can beat a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.

Baers are built like tanks and are more accurate, as reliable and likely more durable than anything out there.

Ditto. It is hands down the finest, most accurate pistol I have ever owned. I have complete confidence in my TRS. With the TRS, shot after shot there is just one ragged hole.
    "Mercy is for the weak and the unprepared."

www.survivalmonkey.com

whw
    My ideal 1911 CCW gun would be one with an Officer's size frame and Commander size slide. I would have it custom built for CCW by one of the big name gunsmith's. I can't think of a better carry setup in 1911.

whw

Guys; you fellows recommending the $500 plastic guns have no problem convinvicing otheres of their reliablity. The questions WAS, "if money were no object!"
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TEBozo View Post
    Guys; you fellows recommending the $500 plastic guns have no problem convinvicing otheres of their reliablity. The questions WAS, "if money were no object!"
    Tom
    My bad. Ok then I would get all the models of XD .45 there are in every color combo available.
    Seriously though I wouldn't mind having a Wilson CQB.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TEBozo View Post
    Tom
    I would still stick with my XD .45 compact as the ideal .45 CCW. I have owned and shot higher end 1911's and I would take my XD. It is smaller in grip length than my worked over Combat Commander and just a little thicker. It holds 10+1 with the option of carrying 13+1 (which I do in the winter with heavier clothes). It is as accurate as I am and I have never had a malfunction of any kind. If I was buying just to own one, I would go with a high end 1911 (Wilson or Les Baer), but for CCW I would still go with the XD compact.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

I understand that the XD's are having problems. Perhaps, no.

Your loyalty and preferences are appreciated and respected; however, it is like answering the question...."If money were no object, what would you drive?" And the response......." a Volkswagen!"

Tom

BIG $$$ Doesn't necessarily guarantee more value or more reliability. Les Baer is a great brand. So is Wilson. For the 1911 platform. I'm simply not a great fan of the 1911 for CCW and I own 2 of them!

Still, I might go for a Sig GSR in their new C3 model.

I just wouldn't spend a couple of grand on any high end M1911 when there are OTHER options.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

$ Does Result in Quality

in guns, cars, guitars, whiskey etc. Not that a VW won't run and run and run but a Bentley does so in much better style.

Remember the question, if $$$ were no object......... I doubt that 1% would go for a $500 Glock.

Tom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links