$ is no object...BEST 45 ACP for CCW

This is a discussion on $ is no object...BEST 45 ACP for CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TEBozo in guns, cars, guitars, whiskey etc. Not that a VW won't run and run and run but a Bentley does so ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: $ is no object...BEST 45 ACP for CCW

Quote Originally Posted by TEBozo View Post
    in guns, cars, guitars, whiskey etc. Not that a VW won't run and run and run but a Bentley does so in much better style.

Remember the question, if $$$ were no object......... I doubt that 1% would go for a $500 Glock.

Tom

I would. I think the compact/sub compact Glocks are the best choices for Concealed Carry.. and the new 21SF can probably only make that more true (I haven't fondled one yet, so I dunno, but its reviews read like it should be a good Concealed Carry Weapon).

He didn't ask "if money were no object, what gun would you buy", he asked "$ is no object, best .45 ACP for Concealed Carry".

Two very different questions.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    He didn't ask "if money were no object, what gun would you buy", he asked "$ is no object, best .45 ACP for Concealed Carry".

Two very different questions.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Even I am getting carried away with this string and I started it LOL. There are (2) camps here is seems. (Sort of) I suppose on one side I'd get a gold plated engraved signature and very rare 1911. On the other hand what I/we really need, deserve, want is the most reliable, rugged, accurate, easy to carry, easy to shoot, safe, comfortable gun that exists on the open market. So far there haven't been any losers mentioned here that I know of. I do like the custom models however if only because I feel, or trust that the maker has more than just assembled it. They have taken every precaution and opportunity to make it something they are proud to sell.

Thanks again. Your a fun group to be associated with.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Considering I own a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, several series 70Colts and 2 Springfield 1911's. If I was dead set on carrying a .45 acp it would be a Glock. Spend the rest of your unlimited funds on training. But for the record I carry a S&W642CT most of the time. It's a super pocket pistol.

Wink +1!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W642CT&G19 View Post
    But for the record I carry a S&W642CT most of the time. It's a super pocket pistol.
    Below my avatar it says I carry a Sig P245 but right now (this moment) I have a S&W 642 in a Mikla pocket holster. That is what I carry all the time in the south Florida heat. I carry the Sig on vacations and at times when I know in advance I'll be passing thru an area of town I deem "Indian Country." Or like if I go to the Florida Keys for the day. Weird violent stuff seems to happen more frequently in the Keys. PD response time is also a lot longer.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Hands down the best .45 ACP - P220 (if you can and willing to carry it).
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Wink That 1% would be the PROs...

Remember the question, if $$$ were no object......... I doubt that 1% would go for a $500 Glock.
    Anybody knowledgeable about firearms and who truly needed 100% from the box with little or no "break in" period would be in the lap of total safety with either a Glock, H&K USP in 45 or a Sig. I don't think I could say that about any other maker with the level of comfort I have in the aforementioned brands. Period.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Guys; you fellows recommending the $500 plastic guns have no problem convinvicing otheres of their reliablity. The questions WAS, "if money were no object!"
    Tom
    Thanks for the reality check!

I still say, THUNDER RANCH SPECIAL! Regardless of $$$.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I would. I would much rather trust my life to a $600 Glock 21 or a $800 USP than a $2500 custom gun. Reliability and capacity are my highest priorities in a CCW gun and combat tupperware beats the high-end custom guns in both categories.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades View Post
    I would. I think the compact/sub compact Glocks are the best choices for Concealed Carry.. and the new 21SF can probably only make that more true (I haven't fondled one yet, so I dunno, but its reviews read like it should be a good Concealed Carry Weapon).

Two very different questions.
    Thanks jackofspades, that is exactly what I was trying to get across. They are two different questions.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

in guns, cars, guitars, whiskey etc. Not that a VW won't run and run and run but a Bentley does so in much better style.

Tom
    A good friend of mine has a VW GTI valued at $85,000(major custom) and I would take it over a "Look at me I'm richer than you" Bentley.

Your right with your second statement though. I probably wouldn't buy a $500 Glock. I can get a used one in great shape for $450 OTD.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

My CCW .45ACP choice

Gotta go with my Colt Defender. I bought it specifically for CCW and have been very happy with my decision.

SouthCentral

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Not to downplay the nice 1911's - SIG 220 is always worthy IMO of inclusion in such a choice.
    When I carry a .45 it's a P220. and it fit's my
    P226 holsters.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Springfield FBI Professional model. Very nice Combat pistol but made custom for the FBI HRT. Overlooked quite commonly because of them not being a common joe pistol. Even though you can get one for about $2.500.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sig 220 compact

Unless you feel the need for a really large volume of rounds, I would go with the Sig 220 compact.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links