Wally World BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Wally World BS!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the local Wally World to get some 45acp,they asked for my pistol permit,what the hell is this BS....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wally World BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down Wally World BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the local Wally World to get some 45acp,they asked for my pistol permit,what the hell is this BS.

2. Remove Ads

Permit?
    Maybe that's a NY thing?

Here they just ask if it's for a pistol or rifle, no permit required - nor should there be.

Of course being Wal*Mart maybe they had someone working the counter who knew absolutely nothing about anything, last time I was in there I was served by a defrosted cave dweller.

Proof of age?

I believe that Walmart requires proof that you are 21 before selling you handgun ammunition as a company policy in all states. When I have bought .45 ACP ammo in Walmart I have had to show my driver's license, even though I am clearly way over 21 in the eyes of most people.

Perhaps that is the reason they asked for your CCW permit, which may have your birthdate on it? Maybe the employee was confused about driver's license vs. CCW permit to buy ammo? I am just speculating here.

Senior Moderator
    You just never know with Wal-Mart. You can go up to the counter some days, say, "Can I have a box of .45," and they'll say, "A box of what?"

"A box of .45 ACP."

"Ahhh, yeah, what's that look like?"

They may say "permit" because they heard someone else talking about a permit and they just don't want to get in trouble for not asking the same questions as the other guy.

Next time, I'd ask. Say, "You want to see what?"

If he says, "Your permit."

Say, "What permit?"

If he says, "Your pistol permit."

I'd say, "And what is that?"

His face will probably go white and he'll probably say, "Hang on, I need to ask my CSM a question."

Administrator
    I could be wrong, but I think thats just the way it is in NY. From what I understand you need a permit (tax) to blow your nose.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think thats just the way it is in NY. From what I understand you need a permit (tax) to blow your nose.

Yup, pretty sure thats the law in NY. Need a permit to buy pistol ammo and be over 18 or 21 or something like that to buy any other ammo, even though u can hunt at 13. Didn't look that up, but its the same way at gaunder mt. and the other gun store I go to here locally

VIP Member
    Be like Ill-annoy. Bet ya gotta show your foit card to buy ammo.
    In NY I guess you have to have a pistol permit to own a gun? Not that same as a CCW.

jmc
    A little off topic but since Wal-Mart is being discussed, when I was purchasing ammo last week the dept manager in sporting goods told me they were expecting another jump in ammo prices soon. He was quick to tell me it would definately be affecting what I was buying. WWB.

Now back on topic, I can't recall a time I've ever been asked for ID to by ammo. I know I have'nt in the last 2 years.
    Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Went to the local Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. I was Open Carrying. Got a box of 9mm WWB. The guy didn't ask for ID but the register asks if over 21. The credit card machine did ask for ID. Handed him my carry permit-He says "Wish I could get a Saturday off to get my permit."

it's just NY wallyworld covering their butts. The Gander Mountain in Rochester does this too as well as some of the Dick's in the area.

I have bought ammo from a few different WM's. Only one mid 40'ish lady asked if it was for a pistol or rifle and asked for my ID. That was in Michigan.

I was at a different Mi WM over memorial day and bought a lot of ammo. The kid behind the counter did not ask for any ID. He was gonna call the mamager, but that was to ask about ordering bulk ammo. (Blazer brass is cheap there).

My new local walmart in Indiana does not care as long as you can pay for it...lol

More Info...

Quote Originally Posted by rmeron View Post
    Went to the local Wally World to get some 45acp,they asked for my pistol permit,what the hell is this BS.
    What was your response?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Hmmm, I've bought .45 from my local Wmart a few times and they never asked me for anything.
    For God, Family and Country!

When the clerk rang up the sale on the register it came back with permit required,I told him i didn't have one that the ammo was for a carbine I own,he called the manager who said it was OK to sell,no age check or anything(I must look older than dirt)
    I don't like those people to know I have a permit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links