The Least Among Us - Page 2

The Least Among Us

This is a discussion on The Least Among Us within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig P220 for 379$ from CDNN. Cop trade in. I got a P225 that looked like new, same deal....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Least Among Us

Senior Moderator
    Sig P220 for 379$ from CDNN.

Cop trade in. I got a P225 that looked like new, same deal.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    CE - It was long ago I carried a P95 but still have it. Do you really find them that terrible!? I am not getting into a defence of an owned gun per se - but whilst the P series are fugly and bulky - I have rated them higher than some other lower end pieces.

Just interested to know why you dislike them that much. (as it seems does Ex Soldier)
    OOPS!!!!!

I guess I should have read the last few lines in the original thread. I thought that the thread was about getting a good carry gun at a bargain price.

I actually love the P95 and carry one as one of my two main off duty CCWs, and I wish that I could carry it on duty. In my opinion the P95 is one of the best buys out there.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I guess I ought to at least answer the actual question now. For me the worst would be a Keltec or one of the Taurus polymer guns.

Assistant Administrator
    Phew - glad to hear that CE!! Tho it does seem ExSoldier is not over keen.

The P95 was my first semi worth using for carry - and it served well in just a humble Fobus. I would still not feel disadvanatged even now to carry it, tho the SIG is in a class of its own IMO.

I have now and again carried the P97 too - another (I still think fugly) example of the breed. What I liked tho - and aesthetics are not paramount to me - is ther innate reliability and toughness. Neither P series has let me down .. oh I lie - put a spare barrel in P95 cos I had bought one off a guy - took a while to ''bed in'' - then fine.

So - a viable option for me - and whilst I shoot these P series relatively infrequently now - they still a have a place, with all their friends!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    interesting topic; makes you stretch the memory. my pick for worst would be an old Webley in .38 cal. i can't think of anything i'd rather not get stuck with than one of these old dinasaurs. however, they must have had something, since the British army enlarged the empire with them.

DC Founder
    The least I would carry would be the last gun I sold, the best would be the last one I bought.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Tourist, Any sane or insane person would.
    Thanks for caring, Euc. I missed this line the first time, and you're right, we all have the need for personal safety and security.

Another aspect here we should address. There's nothing wrong with saving up and buying that Model 65. If money is that dear, a similar 64 could be had for immediate use. Maybe you have to sell that collection of Lawrence welk polka music. It's a hard world.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Hmmm...
    Can't Squeeze the Trigger
    How about this unique, four-barreled .357 Cop with a trigger pull so bad I had to use fingers of both hands to pull it, and then I gave up?
    I believe this gets my vote as well. As mentioned elsewhere in another thread, I shot one of these in the 80's and disregarding it's unique configuration and sufficient caliber, it failed miserably the criteria I use to rate a gun.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Euc,

Has the discussion here altered your choice, confused you more or just confirmed your thinking?

If you bought a new gun, or sold the old one based on info here, what are the details?

That has to be the Charles Daly 1911 EMS. If I HAD to carry that thing, the first shot better be a stopper, because it will probably be jammed up after that. Junk

Let us know what you think of this baby. I think wou'll be very very surprised. 9x18 or 380 ? The Mak has to be the best buy out there !

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist
    Euc,

Has the discussion here altered your choice, confused you more or just confirmed your thinking?

If you bought a new gun, or sold the old one based on info here, what are the details?
    More of an excercise in amusing myself Tourist. Personally I've not been swayed one way or the other.

What is interesting to me is to see there's an overall consensus that the gun must be of some minimum caliber and be useable and trustworthy even if you don't like it.

And such a thing is useful for purposes of maybe having a designated spare or beater. For instance say I'd like to have a handgun I could stow permanently in my truck toolbox and forget about until I felt like shooting it or it was needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links