Hk P7 Psp

Hk P7 Psp

This is a discussion on Hk P7 Psp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just found one of these in good condition for about $750. Good deal? Now I realize that many of you probably do not think little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hk P7 Psp

Hk P7 Psp

Just found one of these in good condition for about $750. Good deal? Now I realize that many of you probably do not think little gun is worth it, but I have had a DEEP desire for one of these since the first time I had ever heard of one. Is this a good price?
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

JD
    Administrator
    Yes, there's a bunch of them inbound and that within the expected range.

I think it's worth it, but I'd rather have a P7M8, but that's twice as much more for a couple of different features, I'll probably end up with a PSP or two if I'm lucky, they are some slick little pistols.

I have a P7 PSP and I paid $815 I think. The P7 M8 has a heatshield on the trigger guard, and the safety is below the triggerguard on the grips instead of on the butt of the gun. I might have paid a little much but I think they will go up in price, I also have thought they were neat guns, and they will probably raise in value in the future. Not to mention they have been claimed by many to be one of the most reliable weapons. I can't attest to that but I have read it several different places.

There is also a P7 M10 and a P7 M13. Both double stack. M10 is a .40 cal and holds 10 rounds, and M13 is 9mm and holds 13 rounds.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Is the p7 " worth it " NO. The p7 is worth owning only if you like craftsmanship . Its what i call a " lodge pin gun " like the old ppk , or a nice 1911. You can make a case that all are over priced , and be right , but i note that rolex still sells , as do luxury sedans. a timex will keep time , and a yugo will get you from point a to point b . Is it worth the money ... well i just ordered mine so to me it is ... It likely is not a charm or the " answer " to ccw , I just have reached the stage i am bored so i collect over priced " lodgepin " icons that happen to shoot also . If you can afford it , get one you likely wont regret it , if you cannot afford it then dont , you will be as well served with your current gun .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911 View Post
    I have a P7 PSP and I paid $815 I think. The P7 M8 has a heatshield on the trigger guard, and the safety is below the triggerguard on the grips instead of on the butt of the gun.
    I think you mean the mag release...the safety on these guns is the squeeze cocker....

And if you own one of these or intend to...you owe it to yourself to head over to http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/cg...0;DaysPrune=30 and visit the P7 room....loads of info on these guns over there...and a great bunch of guys....there's a thread ther about Grade A PSPs from CDNN for $674...check it out before you buy...

Ooops... what a doofus I am. I DID mean mag release. Thanks LoveLeather. I'll check out that link too.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Sponsor
    GlockinItUp;

I've had three P7-m8's and a P7-m13 in the past [ eighties to early 90's ]. Every one of them ran all the time, never failing in anyway mechanically. All the above P7's have been long gone now.

I just took possession of two PSP/s [serial range of 16??, and 45?? respectively. Both are graded C and look every bit as good as the Grade A's coming into the shop so far.

The PSP had the orginal design and was upgraded in the second edition and these are the guns coming out of Germany now for the most part [ the upgraded PSP ].

The original heel clip protruded far enough from the heel that officers were disengaging the mag inadvertently too often, so it was changed, and hence the second PSP [ 1st and only change in that series ].

The gun is sleeker without the americanized P7-m8', et al, ambi mag release sticking out from the side of the gun some to my thinking.

They were designed out of requests from the German gov to get new handguns after the 72 Munich Massacre along with what became the Walther P5 and the Sig226 series from the same company [ which was designated P6 at the trials ].

I carried one of the PSP's today at the shop. It sat nicely in my G26 OWB holster, a little loose but not enough to worry about it. The two I got were both fairly clean internally, with minor touch up with a toothbrush and picks. Bores are rated excellent, the internal looks of things was some normal wear, but nothing of excess shown anywhere which could have been a concern on these being shipped here to the US market.

I don't think you paid too much for it, just about what it is available for lots of places lately. Good luck with your PSP, buy some extra mags, I got 3 more for mine two days ago which makes 5 total [ they only come with one mag ].

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    I love my P7....great gun....gets a bit hot after two rapid mags full of ammo....superbly accurate; light recoiling; but a bit heavy on the belt and it needs a leathersmith who can balance the holstered gun right on the belt due to the heavy butt of this gun.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I think you did fine.

I recently acquired a P7M8, and I love it.
    While I agree with RR about the P7 not being perfect (what is?), it's a handgun I've wanted for 2 decades or so. I even just ordered a holster for it from KD.

B.

Sponsor
    I just ordered a custom OWB holster from Kevin at K+D this morning as well

Mine will have a 7 degree fbi cant, instead of the 15 degrees normally found on these types of holsters. I prefer more of a straight drop holster for drawing with speed into the techniques I'll likely use like EU/ED and the zipper.

In the case of 15 degrees of canting as is normal, the gun is hard pressed to be released quickly upon drawing to EU/ED. Less cant means more butt exposed on the gun potentially when bending over, etc, but I don't worry about it much.

I'm wearing the PSP again today and probably will stick with this one for awhile now for daily carry.

Great guns and natural instinctive pointers

Brownie

P7M8

Not familiar with the term "lodge pin" but how about "Barbecue gun"? If it means the same thing, that's why I like mine. Not everybody has one, and you don't see one everyday. And, it's a fine shooting pistol and great for CCW, if you can find leather. I'm left handed and had to have one made.

I guess there are lots of different versions and vintages, mine is probably a retired LEO gun and it's stamped 3/93. I got it and 6 magazines in trade for some gunsmithing work.

I've got 2 of em..............the PSP guns............early 80s vintage.........
    bought the first one BRAND NEW for Ummmmmmm........375.00 .<ducking the hand swats> . and the other for 550.00 (it was hard chromed with night sights) both are Arlington Va guns..
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; June 19th, 2007 at 11:45 PM.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Sponsor
    I've seen 4 of the current release at the shop, all have w. germany markings and proof marks.

Home of HK then, and stamped on the gun is HKI, Trussville, Al.

Brownie

Fired one in police qualification.
    Fell in love with it.
    Never had the shekels when one was available.
    This explains the mournful howling in the distance.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post
    Just found one of these in good condition for about $750. Good deal? Now I realize that many of you probably do not think little gun is worth it, but I have had a DEEP desire for one of these since the first time I had ever heard of one. Is this a good price?
    Grade "A"? Good price. B? not so sweet
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links