XD 45 ACP Question?

This is a discussion on XD 45 ACP Question? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased another XD. This time the 45ACP in Two-Tone. When I looked at the mags they are 10+1, They should have been 13+1. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XD 45 ACP Question?

XD 45 ACP Question?

I just purchased another XD. This time the 45ACP in Two-Tone. When I looked at the mags they are 10+1, They should have been 13+1. I asked the dealer and he said that's how it came in and it was probably in from California. The case doe's specify two 10+1 rd mags based on the model. It also has a sticker the says "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA". Is the only difference the two 10+1 rd mags? I bought a 13+1 and it fits perfect. The gun has a build date of March of 2007. Input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rick

-Springfield XD40 Service OD
    -Sig P229R / Siglite Sights
    -Glock 23
    -Glock 27

2. Remove Ads

The gun is the same, only the mags are neutered.

Thanks 0.02

I wasn't sure. I guess the "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA" made me wonder. I am glad it is just the mags. Not anything else.

Thanks for the reply.
    Rick

-Glock 23
    -Glock 27

As a recent XD purchaser myself, I got the case that says "not legal in california" i'm in colorado myself.

mine came with the 13+1 mags. make sure of your model (i'm assuming you have)

10+1's come with the SC models or sub compact.

service and tactical come with 13+1.

I would check back with that store or contact SA themselves if you feel like it, for an exchange.
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Or you could just keep the 10 rounders for range mags.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
    I just purchased another XD. This time the 45ACP in Two-Tone. When I looked at the mags they are 10+1, They should have been 13+1. I asked the dealer and he said that's how it came in and it was probably in from California. The case doe's specify two 10+1 rd mags based on the model. It also has a sticker the says "NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA". Is the only difference the two 10+1 rd mags? I bought a 13+1 and it fits perfect. The gun has a build date of March of 2007. Input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Same thing happened to me when I bought mine last year. I called Springfield Armory's customer service number. They were very nice, and told me to send the 10round mags to them, and they would replace them with the 13 round mags. I had even used one of the mags at the range. Since I bought a couple of extra 13 round mags, I didn't mind the wait, and I was happy to have them replace the 10 round mags. So, call the customer service number and tell them that you got the wrong magazines. They'll tell you how to exchange them (you do need to call them first), and you'll get the 13 round mags.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochinver View Post
    As a recent XD purchaser myself, I got the case that says "not legal in california" i'm in colorado myself.

mine came with the 13+1 mags. make sure of your model (i'm assuming you have)

10+1's come with the SC models or sub compact.

service and tactical come with 13+1.

I would check back with that store or contact SA themselves if you feel like it, for an exchange.
    SC comes with 9+1 & 12+1

Sounds like the wrong mags were put in the box or they got switched somewhere along the way. Mine had the green "Not legal In Kali.." sticker too and had (2) 13 rounders.

I had a similar issue when I bought my XD 9 SC. The store claimed that it came with two 13 round mags. At the time there was a 13 round mag in the gun and a 13 round mag in the box. I had to set them straight that it was one 10 round and one 13 round. Your mags probably got mixed up at the store when the saleseople started changing them around while showing the gun to other customers. The store should honor the exchange once they know of the situation. Fortunately it sounds like Springfield will if the gun stores won't.

SC comes with 9+1 & 12+1
    That's for the XD 40 SC only. The 9mm version has one more round in each mag.

Quick update.... I callled Springfield today and they said it was supposed to come with 2 - 10rd mags because it was not the "HC" High Capacity packaging. She said it likley was ordered from a distributor in a state that cannot use HC mags. She assured me that the only difference is the mags. I asked if they could switch them out and she said she could not. Not sure why? Maybe because it shipped packaged with the 2 - 10rd mags. Oh well, I bought a 13 rd and will pick up another today. I think I will take the recommendation to use the 10's at the range! Doesn't hurt to have extras.

Thanks again for the input! Nice to have some help out there!
    Rick

-Glock 23
    -Glock 27

Midway USA has these magazines on sale now and then. I pick up a few when the price is right.

Other than the issue with the magazines, how do you like your XD's?
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

Quote Originally Posted by whitestone View Post
    I had a similar issue when I bought my XD 9 SC. The store claimed that it came with two 13 round mags. At the time there was a 13 round mag in the gun and a 13 round mag in the box. I had to set them straight that it was one 10 round and one 13 round.
    SA send them out with one mag of each (1x10 rnds short mag, 1x13 rnds long mag with sleeve).
    This way you get a taste of how the gun is with each of the two handle configurations. The 10 rnd short mag is designed for carry.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
    Quick update.... I callled Springfield today and they said it was supposed to come with 2 - 10rd mags because it was not the "HC" High Capacity packaging. She said it likley was ordered from a distributor in a state that cannot use HC mags. She assured me that the only difference is the mags. I asked if they could switch them out and she said she could not. Not sure why? Maybe because it shipped packaged with the 2 - 10rd mags. Oh well, I bought a 13 rd and will pick up another today. I think I will take the recommendation to use the 10's at the range! Doesn't hurt to have extras.

Thanks again for the input! Nice to have some help out there!
    So, California's not the only state out there that doesn't allow Hi-cap mags, unless you're LE or Military, I believe.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Yes, when you order you have to look at the Model numbers carefully, the 13-rounders have "HC" embedded in, or at the end of, the number. There's lots of combinations of XDs!

JIM
    Jim Heffelfinger
    Wildlife Biologist and Author of "Deer of the Southwest"
    http://www.deernut.com

The same thing happened to me. Turns out the dealer was from New York. They have the same deal on mags. Had to go buy a 13-rd. This was off gunbroker and either I didn't notice the two 10-rd, or the seller just stated XD 45 compact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links