who has xs sights? - Page 2

who has xs sights?

This is a discussion on who has xs sights? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only thing I have against Tru Glo fiber optics, and it's only on sub compacts... is that you lose some of your sight radius ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who has xs sights?

The only thing I have against Tru Glo fiber optics, and it's only on sub compacts... is that you lose some of your sight radius on an already short sight radiused gun because of the length of the fiber optic tubes on the front sight.

I don't know if it's a big difference, but it is a big reason I went to the XS Big Dots on my XD9sc. The main reason I went with the Big Dots is I wanted to go to a vertical sight alignment system as opposed to the 3 dot horizontal sights.

I suppose the Heinie Straight 8's would be great too, I considered them as well. But I got middle aged eyes so again went to the Big Dots and never been happier!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I almost went with the Straight 8s myself, but figured that big white dot would work better.
    'It ain't over 'til the fat barrel sings.'

The guy shooting the popper at 100yds with Big Dots is James Yeager at Tactical Response. With time and training the Big Dots are pretty accurate. When first using them you may experience some vertical stringing but as you shoot them and become familiar with them it goes away. I use them on my EDC gun (a G19) and really like them.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

If you're worried about "transitioning", you can get the Standard dot, by calling XS. I had XS when they were still "Ashley Express", as made by Ashley Emerson. I only recently tried the Big dot, and having had it a few months now, am back to nice, fist-sized, multi-mag groups.

I got my standard dot XS sights last week. No live fire yet, but the dry fire I have been doing, wow. My eye goes to the front sight every time. No bouncing between the target, front sight, and rear sight.

The rear line is just enough to line thing up. At this point I wish I had made the switch long ago.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Better than Big Dots

I had Big Dots on Glock 19 and J Frame, both of which I recently sold. I loved them they were great for speed and not bad for accuracy. I think the sight that I am going with next is the Suresight
    http://www.suresight.com/ The front sight on the Suresight is about three times bigger than the Big Dot and should give much better accuracy especially at longer ranges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links