where in Grand Rapids can I find these?

This is a discussion on where in Grand Rapids can I find these? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone know of a place within 45 mins of Grand Rapids, MI that I could rent and shoot one ...

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone know of a place within 45 mins of Grand Rapids, MI that I could rent and shoot one of the following guns:
    1. HK P2000sk
    2. rohrbaugh R9
    3. sig 239
    4. S&W 3913
    5. walther p99c
    6. taurus pt111

I know silver bullet & port city pistol dont. silver bullet doesnt really have many 9mm subcompacts for rent. they are all 40s. Port city pistol has the xd9sc which i have rented and like, but id like to try out a few others first.
    thanks!

I highly doubt there is a single place on earth that rents a Rohrbaugh R9. Though I would surely like to test one too before shelling out that kind of dough.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

you could call the firing line in westland they may have some of them for rent http://www.firinglineguns.com/

Firing line should have the HK and sig they do not like taurus so dont bet on that one rohrbaugh R9 good luck anywhere on that and they also might have the walther

long drive for you but it might be worth it

I thought we had you sold on the xd:)
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    I thought we had you sold on the xd:)
    actually i just had a long conversation with someone @ silver bullet and they may have convinced me to get a S&W j frame for carry and then get something else for at the range. he brought up some great points about using a small revolver with a laser- actually i think im going to start a new post about this in a minute here.
    so i may be going for the 4" barrel on whatever 9mm i get instead of the 3" and get a small .38 revolver as well.
    almost 2x as much $, but may be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    actually i just had a long conversation with someone @ silver bullet and they may have convinced me to get a S&W j frame for carry and then get something else for at the range. he brought up some great points about using a small revolver with a laser- actually i think im going to start a new post about this in a minute here.
    so i may be going for the 4" barrel on whatever 9mm i get instead of the 3" and get a small .38 revolver as well.
    almost 2x as much $, but may be worth it.
    If I were only going to use a certain gun for the range I'd probably get a bigger barrel too. I love my XD and generally believe in carrying the same gun in the same place always, but have considered a short revolver for winter-coat pocket carry. I love the idea of being able to put my hand on my gun when I feel threatened without giving it away. Could even shoot through the coat. Jus't be sure to practice laser failure drills (pretend it doesn't come on then without hesitating go to sights or point shootin, whatever your chosen method, just never waste time thinking "bummer" or trying to troubleshoot the problem.)
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

im adding a kimber aegis to my list.
    doesnt look like there is anyone around here though.

Have you tried shooting the models that are locally available to you in .40 but not 9mm? The .40 is not a huge difference - it is a little louder and recoil is slightly more - the main thing is more muzzle flip with the .40 in my experience. I suggest trying a gun in .40, and if its comfortable to fire but has too much muzzle flip, you'll probably like it in 9mm and can feel confident buying it. Worst case scenario you hate it and sell it for a loss - which would be minimal I imagine.

Austin

yea. although really its only one or two that they have in a .40
    the one i did try was the xd which i just couldnt stand. muzzle flip was the problem of course but i just couldnt enjoy it.

Its a bigger deal with the short grips like on the XDSCs - did you try the Sig 239 in 40? That one has a better grip to help you control the flip - you have to do your part too though. Just an idea.

Austin

Links