What 9mm or .380 for under $400 should I buy? - Page 2

What 9mm or .380 for under $400 should I buy?

This is a discussion on What 9mm or .380 for under $400 should I buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wotblake Take it back! I live in Pensacola and am selling a glock 26 for $425. Come pick it up. :) Ouch!! ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What 9mm or .380 for under $400 should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by wotblake View Post
    Take it back! I live in Pensacola and am selling a glock 26 for $425. Come pick it up. :)
    Ouch!!

Good gun, good price.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    Snubbies are well served by leather makers (more so than the Bersa, Kahr and Taurus cheap guns mentioned above) and are very reliable and easy to conceal.

Worth a think about...
    Lets be fair. I say they are resonabily priced and not cheap. I know for sure the Bersa is well made and reliable. And thats a fact and not an opinion. A great buy for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    Lets be fair. I say they are resonabily priced and not cheap. I know for sure the Bersa is well made and reliable. And thats a fact and not an opinion. A great buy for the money.
    I said 'cheap' in relation to cost not quality. To me they are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by klx9mm View Post
    haha, sorry guys, i'm a pretty impulsive buyer!!
    Whew... good thing you weren't asking opinions on a BAD gun then...

I know there are a lot of Bersa owners out there so I'm sure you'll find that you are very happy with it.

Those XD's are nice too... don't think you'll go wrong with that when you get a chance to pick one up. (Just getting my opinion in, in advance!)

Congrats on your new Bersa!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

My short experience with a Bersa Thunder: you can't find OEM parts for it. I've finally given up on extra OEM magazines - will settle for generic ones and hope for the best; it took me 7 weeks to get the OEM rubber wrap-around grips.

picked up the bersa 380. feels great in my hand. and easy to conceal. i'm a small guy so size is a issue. keith
    +1

short guy here and it fits my small hand like a glove.
    I've got the stainless CC model and it's accurate to boot.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

well, just got back from the gun shop. picked up the bersa 380. feels great in my hand. and easy to conceal. i'm a small guy so size is a issue. thanks for the input. a xd 40 is next on my list!! keith
    40XD-C!

You'll love it!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
    My short experience with a Bersa Thunder: you can't find OEM parts for it. I've finally given up on extra OEM magazines - will settle for generic ones and hope for the best; it took me 7 weeks to get the OEM rubber wrap-around grips.

my dealer has oem mags in stock. and have also found them on ebay. and lucky for me i like the grips that come on the gun ok. i have seen some custom wood grips. if i could get them in some sort of darker black finish that would be cool.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Bud's Gun Shop is selling new S&W M&P 9mm guns for $399. Here is a link to the page showing the compact 9mm version, which holds 12+1 rounds and has a 3.5 inch barrel:

S&W M&P compact 9mm at Bud's Gun Shop

+1 for the MP9. I got my full size from Buds and really like it.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

A CZ83 should more than fill the bill for a .380. All steel and exceptionally reliable and accurate you should be able to buy one for around $350.00 NIB. An excellent handgun.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

$400? CZ75 compact 9mm all the way for me!!
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

If you already have a compact 9mm, why buy another one? Why not get something a little different. My vote would be an airweight S&W snubbie, it's easier to conceal than a mil-pro and packs a nice punch and also under $400. But if you have to have another .380/9mm, as said before, I think a CZ is a nice gun.

If you're considering IWB or OWB carry, the CZ 75 D PCR Compact or the P01 are both available in 9mm. If you look around, you can find them used for $400 or so, though the P01 tends to be higher. Street value is closer to $500, generally.

I've got the P01. It's 9mm with a forged aluminum frame. Very accurate. A bit thick, but otherwise very concealable. Can handle the hottest 9mm loads. There are numerous holsters made for it. At 28oz and 14+1 capacity, it's reasonably light for a full-sized 9mm defensive firearm. Highly recommended.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If you have second thoughts about the T-380, there are a lot of good guns available for $400 or less, even more if you don't mind a used one.

If size isn't a problem, consider one of the Taurus or Ruger guns, or if you want something not quite so bulky, Bersa also makes larger framed pistols in 9mm/40 S&W/45 ACP for under $400 if you want more stopping power than a 380. CZ also makes very good pistols, but they are becoming harder to find for under $400. If you want something smaller, consider one of the K-T pistols (P-11 or PF-9) or a SKYY CPX-1... all in 9mm. If you want something REALLY small for a BUG, consider the K-T P-3AT in 380 ACP.

Of course there are also a lot of good revolvers in your price range from Ruger, Rossi, Taurus and others or a good used S&W or Colt can still be had for under $400.

BTW, I own several Bersa's in 380 and think you will be happy with your purchase, I know my wife and I are pleased with ours.
    Last edited by rachilders; June 18th, 2007 at 12:47 PM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links