laser for xd9sc

This is a discussion on laser for xd9sc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What lasers are available for the xd9sc? Ive seen rail mounted lasers and lights for them. what guide rod lasers or laser grips are available?...

Thread: laser for xd9sc

Question laser for xd9sc

What lasers are available for the xd9sc?
    Ive seen rail mounted lasers and lights for them. what guide rod lasers or laser grips are available?

2. Remove Ads

Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

exactly what i was looking for. but $340. phew

Try....... laserlyte.com

has anyone tried laserlytes? how well do they work.
    how do you know what guns they work with?

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    There aren't many bargains in lasers.

I have the Insight X2 rail mounted light /laser. No holster for it, just for HD.
    It was $150 NIB on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    Yeah, thats why I said "these look neat" instead of "I have one and it's great." It's on my long list though, but that is a lot of ammo and range time.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

There are pro's and con's to all of them...

The lasermax is cool as it is totally internal and therefore allows gun to fit virtually all holsters. (However, some tight fitting holsters have been reported to accidentally activate the on switch which obviously can seriously drain batteries. Therefore, some care should be given in choosing a holster that won't activate the on switch)

Some people also do not like the pulsating laser of the lasermax but I have heard they are making models with a solid beam now.

The rail mounted white light/laser combo's such as Insight Technologies & Streamlight work great and are very versatile in such you can have the laser only on, the white light only or combination of white light and laser on. They have a switch that rotates around the trigger guard which most people manipulate with their off hand thumb intigrated with their combat grip on the gun. Toggle one direction and it locks on, Toggle the other direction for momentary on/off. They also make mini-ones for the XD Sub Compacts They do make holsters for light devices mounted to the gun but they do had some bulk to the holster making it a bit more difficult to conceal.
    Caution: It is not recommended mounting and dismounting these lights with a loaded gun! Extreme Caution should be used if you attempt to do that as your hand is in very close proximity to the muzzle and they can be kind of stiff when removing the light from the weapon. (I have the Insight M3 tac light only as the lasers weren't available when our tac team bought them. I love the Insight version and will be getting the laser version soon).

Crimsom Trace makes excellent lasers that mount along the grip of the gun and a lot of people in the forum have them and love them on their guns. They also have a lot of testimonials by some pretty famous shooters including Jim Cirillo who has been in over a dozen gunfights. However they have yet to make one for the XD series of pistols.

There are some lasers out there that you mount to your trigger guard with set screws and have a pressure switch on a cord that you can velcro onto the frame of your weapon where you like it positioned. Some of these lasers are the most economical but you do have a power cord that runs from the laser to the remote switch which can get snagged on things. I have heard that some are good, some not so good... kind of a "you get what you pay for" kind of deal.

I would go with the Insight specifically made for the XD sub compacts. I have had great experience with full size ones on our glocks used by our tac team.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Take a look at my thread on my LaserMax for my XD-45 Service, with photos...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=23861
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Actually Crimson Trace will be selling lasers for the XD very soon. One laser fits all sizes according to their forum.

http://forums.crimsontrace.com/index.php?topic=33485.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    There are pro's and con's to all of them...

The lasermax is cool as it is totally internal and therefore allows gun to fit virtually all holsters. (However, some tight fitting holsters have been reported to accidentally activate the on switch which obviously can seriously drain batteries.
    Actually, a tight fitting holster is better than a loose one. The on/off button on the lasermax is a pin that slides through the take down lever. If it is a tight fitting holster there is no where for the pin to slide from one side to the other. If you holster has a smooth insides, there shouldnt be anything to push the pin in.

I carry mine IWB and have never found it on.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

I have both the Crimson Trace and Lazermax. Crimson Trace on a Smith 1911 and the Lazermax on a Glock 19. I do like the Crimson Trace better. Then I also like the 1911 better. The Crimson Trace is brighter and adjustable.

Links