S&W M&P....Who's got em'

This is a discussion on S&W M&P....Who's got em' within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ront.... how many rounds through yours so far? Any mag drop problems? I love my 40 Compact, but so far with three different mag catches, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P....Who's got em'

ront.... how many rounds through yours so far? Any mag drop problems? I love my 40 Compact, but so far with three different mag catches, mag drop problems resume after a few hundred rounds with a new mag catch. I've got around 1200 rounds through mine so far. Wish I could trust it, because it feels great and shoots so nicely... it's going back to S&W for a second time!
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

2. Remove Ads

Not yet but you can read the thread I just started HERE
    That deals with my experience just tonight really checking one out for the first time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    ront.... how many rounds through yours so far? Any mag drop problems? I love my 40 Compact, but so far with three different mag catches, mag drop problems resume after a few hundred rounds with a new mag catch. I've got around 1200 rounds through mine so far. Wish I could trust it, because it feels great and shoots so nicely... it's going back to S&W for a second time!
    FWIW, I had been experimenting with my grip some and suddenly developed the mag drop, but only on the mag w/ finger extension. Changed my grip, and it went away (so far). I will have to shoot some more to make sure that is my issue.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Full size .40 here. No problems...though I'm considering removing the bob tail...with my IWB rig, in certain positions, it is like a little thumb poking my ribs.

The gun has been great so far, and would give it my recommendation.

DHart, I don't have a lot of rounds through mine yet. I probably have between 500 and 600 rounds through it, but no problems yet. I am sorry that you are having the problems that you are. I have been following it over in the M&P forums.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I also have heard about some of the "mag Drop" problems. However, I am almost wondering, since I have not really been looking into them as I do not have this problem, if maybe just maybe it has something to do with how they made the version that can not be fired without a mag in and the other version that does not need a mag to fire. I am leaning towards maybe a slight mixup at the factory that maybe someone mix'd up some sort of parts or something and inserted tehm wrong or somehow something of that nature.

I picked up my M&Pc in 9mm from my FFL today and I must say that I am impressed with it. It is a very soft shooting pistol and I like the fact that the backstraps are interchangeable. I put 100 rounds of Remington 115 grain UMC and 50 rounds of Speer 124 grain +P Gold Dots (my future carry load) through the pistol without any failures whatsoever. What I did notice though was that on some of the Gold Dot rounds, it would seem to hang up slightly when chambering the round (kind of like a 2-step process). I could tell when the round hesitated on the feed ramp but then it would continue on its own into the chamber. I'm figuring it's mainly because the pistol is brand new and still has to be broken in. Anybody else use the 124 grain +P Gold Dots in their M&Ps?

did you run a good cleaning before you shot? I always do this and also did before the first time I shot and have had good luck.

I have both the FS and the compact in 9mm. I have about 700 rounds through the FS with no issues at all. I had some trouble with the compact when I first bought it while shooting a box of wolf ammo tha the shop gave me for free (about 3 or 4 misfeeds out of a box of 50). Since then I've put a couple hundred rounds of magtechs through with no problems.

Just thought I'd throw this out, with all the talk about buying a S&W.

You can get a free range bag with the purchase of a S&W. Go to Shooting USA's web site and enter the gun contest and the range bag offer will pop up. I've been doing this contest every week for a while and have NOT received any spam from it.

Link directly to offer: http://www.shootingusa.com/LAtest_UP...gam_offer.html

BTW, I got a bag from them about a month ago.

I've had my M&P 9mm full size for a couple of months now. I've probably run 800-900 rounds of various ammo through it with no problems at all. Love the way it fits, and it will be my primary carry gun when the CCDW shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by nextlevelcell View Post
    did you run a good cleaning before you shot? I always do this and also did before the first time I shot and have had good luck.
    Yep, the pistol was cleaned and oiled before I went to the range. I always clean off the packing grease and oil before my pistols take their first trip to the range.

Senior Moderator
    I have a 9c, great little gun.

I'll likely buy one in .357 Sig when they finally hit the dealer's shelves.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Probably the best all around gun I have ever owned. I love it and love to shoot it. I need to get out with it more often. 800+ rounds through it and not one problem. All I buy now is 9mm, so that is what it is.

Carry it in an IWB CompTac CTAC.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by walther1; June 23rd, 2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Added caliber.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

.40 compact here!
    At first I had problems w/ the slide locking back before the mag was empty (first 200 rds), so I took the slide release out and bent the red spring a little and 500 rds later, no problems. My only thought is S&W needs to put stronger springs through out the pistol (mag release, slide release). Otherwise a great little gun!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links