S&W M&P....Who's got em' - Page 3

S&W M&P....Who's got em'

This is a discussion on S&W M&P....Who's got em' within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to get a 9mm of some sort, (something cheaper to shoot other than the 40mm Sigs) and the dealer had the 9c on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W M&P....Who's got em'

I wanted to get a 9mm of some sort, (something cheaper to shoot other than the 40mm Sigs) and the dealer had the 9c on hand and I scarfed it up. Great shooter! No problems with any misfires or mag drops or anything like it. Although my wife doesn't think it shoots any 'softer' than my others.

Quote Originally Posted by sksig View Post
    (something cheaper to shoot other than the 40mm Sigs)
    40mm!!! Damn I need to get me one of those.

I'm sure you meant .40

In other news... if you've purchased a NIB M&P between June 1st and July 15th, you're eligible for two FREE magazines for your gun.

Offer here: http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...&content=42802
    Last edited by lexington86; June 23rd, 2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: grammar
    ~Lex

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    - Pennsylvania Constitution, Section 21

Dramatic Hamster (my avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    .40 compact here!
    My only thought is S&W needs to put stronger springs through out the pistol (mag release, slide release). Otherwise a great little gun!
    Absolutely. The mag catch spring especially is waay too weak. The mag catch button is extremely sensitive and that's something you DON'T want on a defense gun.

I'm on my third mag catch to correct mag drop problems and S&W is taking the gun back for a second time. THe cust svc guy said I might need a new mag catch spring and he wasn't sure if that required a new frame (he thought the spring was molded into the frame). That's whacked, if that's the case. I can't imagine molding the spring into the gun when it could simply be inserted into the frame after molding (and replaced, if necessary, subsequently).
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Since the first of the year - M&P .40 compact and M&P 340CT. No problems and love to shoot both of them.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I am sort of shocked to hear all of the problems from everyone. Makes me think maybe I should sell mine.....

me
    M&P 40 here
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by nextlevelcell View Post
    I am sort of shocked to hear all of the problems from everyone. Makes me think maybe I should sell mine.....
    The M&P is a great gun, but you need to be aware of the potential problems, just so's ya know. See mp-pistol.com in the Tech Difficulties folder.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

I have a full size M&P 9mm and have put about 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. Great gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links