S&W M&P....Who's got em'

S&W M&P....Who's got em'

This is a discussion on S&W M&P....Who's got em' within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so lets hear it. Who went out and bought one like I did??? I have the M&P .40 and love it. Crazy how that works ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P....Who's got em'

Question S&W M&P....Who's got em'

so lets hear it. Who went out and bought one like I did???

I have the M&P .40 and love it. Crazy how that works out though. I purchased it for my wife and she like it at first. Now does not want it. So I get to keep it. However, no I am stuck buying another gun. so that means I do not get to purchase my new Equonix,

so lets here it who has em' or had em' and what do ya think???

My FFL has an M&P Compact in 9mm (it'll be mine tomorrow though).

I'll have had my M&P .40 for one year on July 13th. It is an accurate, reliable weapon. It fits my hand perfectly. I don't know how many rounds I've got through it, but I know I'm over 3,000. Once the mags got broken in (in total, about 30 rounds each), I have never had any problems with it. It is currently sitting on my hip full of 180Gr Golden Sabers.

I trust my life to it. What more can I say?
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I've got quite a few Smith & Wesson M&P's. All made before 1951.

I got the 9mm full size.
    I'll be qualifying next week with it.

There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

Pretty much as soon as I held the new M&P .40c, my G27 went in for a trade. I love my .40c.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    Pretty much as soon as I held the new M&P .40c, my G27 went in for a trade. I love my .40c.

Ron

What would you consider the advantage(s) of the M&P compact over the Glock 27?

Full size M&P 9mm here. I've only had it a short time but I already love it.
    ~Lex

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
    - Pennsylvania Constitution, Section 21

Dramatic Hamster (my avatar)

Got the M&P45 a week ago and like it so far. Only shot maybe 150 rounds through it yet, more to come once I come up with a decent handload.

Carries very well IWB, 10+1 of .45ACP in a package that feels like my single stack SW 3906 (8+1 of 9mm) when it's holstered. I anticipate making this my carry gun once I shoot a few hundred rounds through it and finish getting used to it. That S&W promo they're running until mid-July for 2 free magazines sweetens the pot some, too.

I have two M&Ps, one fullsize and one compact, both 9mm. I was at a dealer the one day with no intention of buying anything, handled a fullsize, and made an impulse purchase. I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever do that.

After many rounds down range, I really warmed up to the M&P and went ahead and added a compact to the collection.

9c here. Had it about 2 months.

Kept trying to decide between it and the XD.
    Once I held it, the decision was made. Love the gun.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by samtechlan View Post
    What would you consider the advantage(s) of the M&P compact over the Glock 27?
    I am like eagle5. I went into the gun store just to look at guns. I had not even heard much about the M&P pistols yet. I saw one and asked to look at it. Once I held it, I was hooked. I then went home and researched the gun and found a lot of favorable press about it.
    The main advantage for me is how the gun feels in my hand. It feels like it was made for MY hand. Whether it is because the fit in my hand or another reason, I find that I am more accurate with the M&P than I was with the G27. It has less felt recoil and I just plain like the gun better. S&W has outstanding CS, so I saw absolutely no reason not to trade. I have not regretted it and would do it again.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Full size M&P here. Lovin it!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    M&P 40 here. Almost 3,000 rounds through it so far, had it for about seven months. I also have a M&P 15A. I love'm both.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I bought a M&P in 9mm for my wife. My brother couldn't decide if he wanted to buy one or not. So she lent it to him to take the Advance Carry Class at Valhalla. I watched him shoot 1,000+ rounds over three days without a single hiccup. In my opinion Smith has a real winner on its hands. You can't go wrong buying one!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links