I've got the G.A.S. again......

This is a discussion on I've got the G.A.S. again...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association) meeting tonight at RangeUSA in Memphis. And after the meeting I was looking at what guns they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I went to the TFA (Tennessee Firearms Association) meeting tonight at RangeUSA in Memphis. And after the meeting I was looking at what guns they had for sale and to rent and noticed they had a couple of new additions to the rental gun line up.

One, was a S&W M&P, full size .40 cal version. I asked to hold it as I had not really gotten to look one over very well before. It had the medium back strap insert installed.

All I can say is WOW. The grip of this gun feels sooooo much more ergonomic than my beloved Glock 23 it was amazing. More ergonomic, slimmer and on top of it all, the gun holds one more round in the magazine than my G23.

Now I have a huge case of G.A.S. (Gun Acquisition Syndrome) and it centers completely on the S&W M&P. I just have to come up with the money and I will be getting one. I just don't know if I want to trade in the Glock for it yet.

I have t think about this for a while. But I really have the S&W bug now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I think you need to end the syndrom tomarrow, in fact it is imparative.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Don't trade the Glock. You will kick yourself later. As we all know the only treatment for G.A.S. is a purchase. I say treatment because there is no cure. I know the wait can be tuff while you save up the money. But it is worth waiting for if it is worth having.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Fight the urge.

Get that Kel-Tec Sub2000 you wanted instead, I'm working towards getting one in 9mm next, those things are great fun...

But if you do get the M&P don't forget they have a mail in rebate right now for two free mags.

Be sure to spend some time here before you take the leap:

mp-pistol.com
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Oh yeah, even though I don't like Glocks personally...DO NOT trade the Glock off.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I wouldn't trade the glock off. A purchase is needed to help fix your G.A.S.

My friend's advice about buying anything (except a meal) that costs more than $20. "Don't buy it for three days. If at the end of the third day it's still on your mind and you still really want it, then get to the store before it closes."
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

That's great advice Buckeye....tell your friend I said thanks!

And congrats Pete on becoming a VIP!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yeah, it is pretty useful. I've used it countless times since he first told it to me, I don't even really think about it now. That super-cool-gadget you just hand in your hand is awesome, but think for a few days if its really worth your cash, if it is, you will still think so in a few days, if not, you have saved yourself some cash. I'll pass along your thanks.

Between an M&P and a nice carbine would be a hard choice though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    I'm with Pete, get the Sub-2000, I want one in 9mm and a CZ-75 compact.

These have replaced my need for a Browning Hi-Power for a few days so far.

Buckeye I follow the same advice except I strech it out to 3 weeks.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

When I was looking for a carry gun, I was trying to decide between the G26 and the M&P Compact in 9mm. I really liked the way the M&P felt and actually thought the trigger on the S&W was better. Unfortunately, I went with the Glock because they had one in stock (I was trading in a gun at the time). Now, 4 couple months later and I haven't owned the G26 for at least 2 of them and I pick up my M&P Compact from my FFL later today.

Keep the old one...and buy the new one, too!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

Buckeye I follow the same advice except I strech it out to 3 weeks.
    I guess you don't buy anything on eBay then?

Senior Moderator
    No not much, but when I decide I want something I search everywhere I can to find the best price.

I don't do it fast, but I try to do it well.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I do slow down for guns, typical gun purchases take me a month or two to conclude just because I try to make sure I really like it, but I'm not like that for $20+ items as mentioned above. I'm thinking knives mainly, if I see an interesting knife I just get it, I can always sell it if it doesn't fit my needs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links