New G36!! - Page 2

New G36!!

This is a discussion on New G36!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by maclean3 Isn't the 27 a good bit shorter than the 36? The holsters others are talking about were made for the 19/23, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New G36!!

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Isn't the 27 a good bit shorter than the 36? The holsters others are talking about were made for the 19/23, not the 26/27.
    Jack

G-27: 6.29L x 4.17H x 3.46 Barrel

G-36: 6.77L x 4.76H x 3.78 Barrel

G-23: 6.85L x 5.00H x 4.02 Barrel

They are all close in size, but not the same. You can use the 27 and the 23 in the same holster with an open bottom, but the 36 barrel height and width is just a little different!

Just from what I've tried with both guns...
    Tony

Having bought a G30 years ago, shoulda waited for the slimmer G36. I like the feel better than my G30.

Oh well
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    What holster are you using? My friends 36 will not work in my Max Con V for my 27. It won't go in far enough to cover the trigger!
    Open bottom OWB, like Galco Concealable. Even the Unckle Mike's Kydex works well (Not as concealable, but still functions well for range use.).
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    The 36 will fit in any holster that's made for the 19/23. Obviously, a 26 & 27 can fit into holsters for the above, but not the other way around, unless it's an open bottom.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Here is a fun training drill for your new G 36.Full mag,lock and load fire two, mag change with a full mag.

I found that the mag change is a little different than I expected.Really seat the mag hard if it does'nt lock up. The last shell in a G36 mag is staggered at the bottom of the magazine and then moves up inline like all the top shels do. It's not a flaw but something to look at. Some metal magazines of other makers will slide right out if not locked up. On a rapid reload you dont always hear that little click when a mag seats and locks. Then a click and no bang on the first shell from the mag reload is real loud.
    I am an American. I vote. I will serve on a jury when called. Its a MEMBERS ONLY thing.

i have grip extension on all 11 of my 36 mags
    but i still carry full but do not top off mag after chambering a round

like my G23 is 13+1

the 36 i run just 6+1

JD

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g3036 View Post
    True for kydex too ? I am looking at a Comp-Tac Infidel but they didn't have it listed for the 36. Also looking at the Sidearmor IWB like I have for my G30.

I like the looks of the Watch Six and will probably be looking for a leather holster too. Seems everyone that has one likes them.
    Yes, I've put my 36 into a C-TAC with no problems & have put my new 19 in a kydex holster specifically for a 36 w/o problems. They're essentially the same gun. The 36 is about 8/100th" shorter & 5/100th" thinner. A tight fitting handmade leather holster for a 36 "might" not fit a 19, but that's about it.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links