New G36!!

This is a discussion on New G36!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I just got back from the range and I'm very glad that I decided to shoot the Glock 36 as well as the Kimber ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New G36!!

New G36!!

Well, I just got back from the range and I'm very glad that I decided to shoot the Glock 36 as well as the Kimber Ultra Carry I was looking to buy. I was looking for something a little more comfortable for EDC over my S&W mod 642. Anyway, I bought the G36. Very happy with the purchase so far, although I've only got about 60 rounds through it. If anyone would like to share some of their experience with the G36 or have any advice for me, I'm all ears. Thanks
    Last edited by PAExplorer; June 22nd, 2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

2. Remove Ads

You're Gonna' Love That G-36...

I share my EDC between two weapons a Kimber Ultra EDC II and a Glock-36...I really like both of them. As far as C&L?...not a problem, actually when you add up the safety features of the Ultra (grip, thumb safety, and then the finger) next to the Glock's trigger(?) safety...
    You stand a much better chance of a trigger pull while putting the Glock back into the holster than with the Kimber.

I am very cognizant of my finger placement and loose shirt around the trigger of the Glock even more than around the trigger of the Kimber...EACH and every time I reholster.

Enjoy the new G...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Still trying to pin down the right holster for my 36, but so far it has proven to be a reliable weapon. I already have a couple hundred rounds thru it (mostly hollowpoint) with only 2 failures. Once was an ammo issue. The other is from a magazine issue, it had a pierce plus 1 on it. I took that off and haven't had any other issues.

Don't let everyone tell you that the 36 is junk. All the newer ones I've seen have run flawless. They had issues with the earlier ones but I really don't think they were as bad as percieved. Those that had problems were very vocal on several different boards.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    It's a very nice gun. I only sold mine, because I wanted a 19 & just got a 1911 Commander, so I wasn't really using the 36.

Holsters shouldn't be a problem. It'll go into any holster made for 19/23s.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Administrator
    My 36 has been very reliable. No problems with it at all.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by g3036 View Post
    Still trying to pin down the right holster for my 36, but so far it has proven to be a reliable weapon. I already have a couple hundred rounds thru it (mostly hollowpoint) with only 2 failures. Once was an ammo issue. The other is from a magazine issue, it had a pierce plus 1 on it. I took that off and haven't had any other issues.

Don't let everyone tell you that the 36 is junk. All the newer ones I've seen have run flawless. They had issues with the earlier ones but I really don't think they were as bad as percieved. Those that had problems were very vocal on several different boards.
    As far as holster, if going IWB I recommend the Milt Sparks "Watch Six"...it's very thin, without a reinforced mouth. I have one for my Glock 26, just bought a 36 last month and have a Watch Six on order.

I expect the 36 will take over quite a bit of carry duty from the 26, I've wanted a .45 on my hip for some time and finally settled on the 36.

Good luck.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    It'll go into any holster made for 19/23s.
    True for kydex too ? I am looking at a Comp-Tac Infidel but they didn't have it listed for the 36. Also looking at the Sidearmor IWB like I have for my G30.

I like the looks of the Watch Six and will probably be looking for a leather holster too. Seems everyone that has one likes them.

I thought the 36 frame was larger than the 19/23? I'm surprised it fit the same holster without a lot of shoving & cursing.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I thought the 36 frame was larger than the 19/23? I'm surprised it fit the same holster without a lot of shoving & cursing.
    Jack
    A friend of mine has a 36 and it won't fit in any of my 27 holster's..

Except for the generic Uncle Mikes!!
    Tony

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Jack
    They might fit in some soft holsters, but def. not kydex.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i carry a 36 in the summer and a variety of 1911 in the winter (why i dont want to get a 1911 all nasty from summer carry)

i carry in a Brommeland max con v and a def con (iwb, and owb)
    the g36 has a similar feel to the 1911 for me i shoot it almost as good.

My 36 sucked a$$ when i 1st got it it would nor feed anything, after a bit of teweaking it feeds lead semi wadcutters like ball ammo

I ran 4000 lead thru it with no issues i wanted to shoot it till it stopped

I cleaned and lubed it then shot 500 rounds thru it ran a boresnake thru the barrel and added oil to the rails and kept running a snak thru every 500

i did not clean it till the 4000 were thru it

i finally cleaned it due to all the nasty powder residu and stuff

it just works

JD

VIP Member
    I recently got a G36.... I like it a lot, plus it fits in the holsters I already have for the G27 & G23.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I recently got a G36.... I like it a lot, plus it fits in the holsters I already have for the G27 & G23.
    What holster are you using? My friends 36 will not work in my Max Con V for my 27. It won't go in far enough to cover the trigger!
    Tony

my 23 rode in my glock 36 max con v for a few weeks until i got a new holster from gary

it fit ok but not perfect but it worked

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    What holster are you using? My friends 36 will not work in my Max Con V for my 27. It won't go in far enough to cover the trigger!
    Isn't the 27 a good bit shorter than the 36? The holsters others are talking about were made for the 19/23, not the 26/27.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links