Defensive Carry banner

Melted my M&P!

6K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  peacefuljeffrey 
#1 ·
Just finished stippling m 40c. Waddayathink?

See less See more
#34 ·
I am now thinking of doing the samething to my PT-145. I just bought a PT-111 for my G/F and tho I tried hard to get her one with a blue slide, noone else would get right with the price so I ended up with the SS slide which is just like mine. It makes it hard to tell them apart at a glance. Do you have any tips on how to get the pattern right?

#35 ·
target1911 said:
Do you have any tips on how to get the pattern right?
If you have any extra material of similar texture... Practice! I had the extra grips to work with. Remember that, on the M&P anyway, the grip, frame and Kydex all reacted slightly differently to the soldering iron

As far as pattern goes... I decided to use a random configuration of small curves and "squiggles". I practiced before the real job and developed 5 or 6 different individual patterns that I could put together in a truly random pattern and just went for it. It worked out for me.

You may want to keep to a more uniform style or grind up some tips for a custom shape...
You might want talk to Dan Burwell about this also. He is infinitely more knowledgeable and experienced at this than I am and he seems inclined to impart his wisdom to others.

#36 ·
Since you're asking; it's interesting, but definitely not my style. I think it's a bit overboard. But if you like it, that's great and I hope you enjoy it and get good use out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.