Need help with the gun lust....again. - Page 2

Need help with the gun lust....again.

This is a discussion on Need help with the gun lust....again. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sig P239 And you are right by the way. The SAS version of the 239 is a work of art. +1000 Those ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with the gun lust....again.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    And you are right by the way. The SAS version of the 239 is a work of art.
    +1000

Those are some of the best looking pistols I have EVER seen. They are BBQ gun material.

Almost too pretty to tote. Almost......
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    ...I still love my P239. I do carry it occasionally, like tonight we went out and I just thought it was time for the Sig to get out of the safe a bit.

Well, yeah... the poor buggers gotta breathe a little! Gets stuffy in the safe!

I opened my safe once and my damn 1911's had and oxygen bottle in there and O2 masks on!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

What about the Springfield EMP?

You've shoot a P239 and like it.... I think you've answered your own question - buy what you know and what feels good to you.

SIG is an excellent gun maker and I have NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH ANY OF MY SIG'S - not one misfire, or misfeed, and I've feed them all any ammo that I like. Clean it and feed it regularly with ammo and it will be a great gun.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I carry my R9 daily. It is small and very reliable. I changed the magazine springs in mine and that has made all the difference. The older springs were not as strong. It is definitely not a gun for a beginner and I would recommend it to more experienced shooters.

I carry in the pocket, ankle, and SmartCarry holster depending on my attire. I have other carry guns but I now rely solely on my R9.

Get the Sig but I would definitely take a look at the R9 in the future. Its not like any of us have just one gun......
    A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

CCW: Dan Wesson CBOB ~ Springfield Micro Compact ~ Rohrbaugh R9 Elite ~ S&W 442 ~ Cougar 8000 Model L

Picked her up today. And she is a nice girl, but a bad, bad, boy.

Sig P239 SAS.....I am in love. I like this pistolo so that I am even thinking about getting shed of my Ed Brown Kobra Carry, or Kimber Tactical Ultra II, or Colt Defender. Thinkin, just thinkin....I need to hit the ranger and pop some caps.

Also, please someone stop me....I am thinking bout the Rohrbaugh R9...for a bug. Or a primary or....for some other reason I can come up with to get it......

Beautiful gun Duke but no can do on helping with the BUG craving. I went to make a payment on my G19 a couple months back and when I walked out I had that AND a Walther PPK on layaway... kept thinking, "How'd that happen?"
    Jack

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    I read somewhere that you are supposed to replace the recoil spring on the R9 every 200 rounds, is that true?
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

I.F., Rohrbaugh's website says something about that but I don't recall if it suggests changing at 100 or 200 rounds. It was a pretty low number though and it grabbed my attention.
    Jack

Spring

Guess that is why they include an extra spring. Seem like a low # to me also.

Quote Originally Posted by Intentional Flincher View Post
    I read somewhere that you are supposed to replace the recoil spring on the R9 every 200 rounds, is that true?
    That is true, an ongoing cost of the gun. I change mine when the spring is about 1/2 the length of the original. The cost $5.00 per spring at from Rohrbaugh.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

The Gun is designed to be carried and a lot and shot a little, so to speak. I put about 18-24 rds through it each time I go to the range of Speer GDHP 124 gr. No problems after the 1st month of break in and change of the magazine springs. Very reliable shooter.

CCW: Dan Wesson CBOB ~ Springfield Micro Compact ~ Rohrbaugh R9 Elite ~ S&W 442 ~ Cougar 8000 Model L

Springs

Seem to be some frustration about those springs on the R forum.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Rohrbaugh will fix it. I have heard nothing but good things about them. The reason that I have not sent mine back is I hate sending it back and the following week I find out that there is another fix in the works. I may be waiting a while however I am still waiting for them to come out with a recoil spring that doesn't collapse after 200 rounds of ammo. I personally feel that a spring that goes bad that fast, is not a reliable spring. I don't want to have to worry about my secondary or off duty piece sitting in the holster with a spring that might not work because I put 150 rounds through it and forgot to add a new spring with the ammo. "

I still am hot for the R9, but just not eager now....gota think this one over before releasing 1k.

Thanks for all the helpful post. In my very humble, but extremely accurate opinion, this forum is by far the most informative for me.

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    I still am hot for the R9, but just not eager now....gota think this one over before releasing 1k.
    At the end of the day CCW is about trust. Trust in your weapon and in yourself. If you're not comfortable with a gun for any reason, then move on. There is a weapon out there for everyone, just find the one that fits your needs.

I like the R9 and I like the 9mm. I don't want to carry another round. It works for me. And like I said before, most people have more than one anyway. Good luck.

Sig my friend. My wife carries the P239, and I have a P239 SAS on order to go with my P229 SAS.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links