Easy to conceal and under $450 - Page 4

Easy to conceal and under $450

This is a discussion on Easy to conceal and under $450 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ks_shooter I can easily imagine a self-defense scenario where a well-aimed slow shot could be needed. If you can take your time ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ks_shooter View Post
    I can easily imagine a self-defense scenario where a well-aimed slow shot could be needed.
    If you can take your time to make a well-aimed slow shot then one could make the argument that your life isn't in immediate danger.

Most self defense situation would not require a single action option.

It's a non issue for me now as I purchased a 642 and have no complaints. Great little gun. I'm happy.

Kavity: How are you liking you're new 642?? Also, where about in VA are you from?
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    If you can take your time to make a well-aimed slow shot then one could make the argument that your life isn't in immediate danger.

If you are taking cover in a crowded place (store,resturaunt,mall etc.) because a crazy gunman is walking around killing unarmed people laying down, you may have time to take that rested single action mode shot to stop the threat.......
    Shoot Safe!
    Shoot Straight!
    www.mcsportingarms.com
    Kansas Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor.

Yep - S&W 642

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Bud's has (or had recently) M&P Compact 9mm for $399.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    For that kind of money, I'd check out the Stoeger Couger. I priced one for $327.00 a month or so ago. http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...cougar8000.tpl If you can carry a Glock 23 or 19, or HK P2000, the Couger isn't any larger.

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post

A bad guy has your wife cornered with a knife raised above his head. You are 30 feet away. If you miss, she will likely be stabbed and could possibly be struck by your bullet. How carefully will you want to aim?

Wink Heck...

Quote Originally Posted by ks_shooter View Post
    A bad guy has your wife cornered with a knife raised above his head. You are 30 feet away. If you miss, she will likely be stabbed and could possibly be struck by your bullet. How carefully will you want to aim?
    I opened a thread on this several weeks ago. A bad guy has grabbed your wife in a turnpike rest stop. It's one of those isolated rest stops without "facilities" and you've stopped to walk the dog and let the kids run around a bit. Your wife and you walk near the tree line and suddenly a wild eyed character steps from behind a tree and puts a gun to your wife's head. He tells you that he and SHE are going for a ride in your car. When she was grabbed, you DRAW and take a sight picture. You notice the attacker is similar in size to your wife so there's not much of anything in the way of critical area standing out. You are standing five feet away. There is nobody else in sight, but the kids are coming closer. What do you do?

I can't speak for you, but me? I take the shot thru an eye socket with the knowledge that my wife is going to catch some powder burn and may be splattered by brain matter. But they are NOT leaving the lot or the area of my control. I'll take that shot, everytime, rather than risk the loss of my wife...

With this scenario in mind I have already instructed my wife that if something like this ever happens she is to suddenly fake a "faint" and drop her whole form to the ground. If the attacker has to support her frame while hiding from my barrel, I'll have a much better chance. We've both agreed that nobody ever gets into a car with a bad guy. Ever!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links