Defensive Carry banner

Another Aquisition

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  CLASS3NH 
#1 ·
Sorry Scott....
I couldn't resist the temptation LOL <Gideon can you forgive me> This item just had my name on it.and I can't wait to get to the range in the morning.. I tried on a set of Pachmyer professonals I had laying around and also tried the Hogue's on it <The Hogue's came with the gun> This thing is VERY CONCEALABLE ! I took a couple of pics after doing a quick cleanup on it.
Psssst I paid 425.00 for it! Thought I got a steal and I've never seen a 629 with fixed sights, although Scott tells me it's a Custom Carry 629, made in 1999
Hope ya'll enjoy! :biggrin:

#7 ·
<Homer Mode On>
Mmmmmmmmmm 629 snubbie. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
<Homer Mode Off>

Very nice. Congrats, you got a good deal. I rarely see snub 44 magnums under $550.

I am fighting the urge to buy a Model 24 3" right now.

-Scott-

#8 ·
.44 Mag Snubs

They actually really kick some donkey.

Class3 ~ BTW ~ The nicest, smoothest, Stainless .44 Mag S&W that I ever shot was a snubbie done by Mag~Na~Port.
They did the Magnaport & a "double action job" - polished the trigger & Metalifed the revolver...or just the interior parts...SWEET! & it was the slickest, fastest, revolver that I ever shot.
I don't know if they still do D.A. work on revolvers.
If they do...then go for it.

#13 ·
Thanks Guys!!
I was hoping to shoot it today BUT I had a Practice with my Little League Team....13-14 Yr-olds are pretty feisty....I'm goning to get my butt over to shoot it tomorrow <Sunday> I'll send a report on it.and pix of the test targets....
Scott? I'd go for theat 624 or a 25 in 45 Long Colt if you can. Lately, when I've been to Kittery Trading Post in Maine..I've noticed a lot of woerd things filtering in.at rediculous prices as well....The best time to locate something is on Monday morning, due to the extened trading ongoing on Sat/Sun.. They must have about 150 45's there in one case.all price ranges.....and Mfgr's.......plenty of other goddies to pick up as wel....I'm only saying this due to the recent items I've scooped up there.. :biggrin:
I'll keep my eyes open for things you might want me to check out....Kittery will also send you pix of what you're looking for..
I also took it to a shop I frequent often.....A friend of mine of 30 yrs, that owns the shop, wanted to buy it from me...he offered me a few goodies and told me to take my pick..<a Colt Commander, Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless, a couple other items as well> Told me "any time you want to trade me, we'll do an even swap> I can tell I got a deal at 425.00 :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.