New Gun

This is a discussion on New Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently traded my Ruger P-89 for a NIB Taurus PT-145 Millenium Pro. The Ruger was too big to carry IMO, and I didn't need ...

Thread: New Gun

New Gun

I recently traded my Ruger P-89 for a NIB Taurus PT-145 Millenium Pro. The Ruger was too big to carry IMO, and I didn't need two 9mm pistols! Fit and finish were impressive to my eye. The gun is chambered for .45 ACP and has a 10 + 1 capacity. All this in a gun a little smaller than my Glock 19! Anyway, here it is:

And here is IWB holster and mag carrier I just received from High Noon Holsters:

I'll post my review of this rig in holster forum.
    Last edited by Amegatek; May 6th, 2005 at 12:32 PM.
    Gun control is hitting your target.
    -- Amegatek
    Amegatek's Firearms Page

2. Remove Ads

You know Amega I always thought the PT 145 was one of Taurus' best offerings. I briefly considered one. It's really a sleeper I think.

What's funny is I have a P89 too, but since it's the only thing I have chambered for 9x19 I'll keep it!

Assistant Administrator
    I have been impressed with the dimensions of this gun - eminently ''packable''. Do give feedback later as a range report when you can - I'd be well interested to know your findings.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I have been impressed with the dimensions of this gun - eminently ''packable''. Do give feedback later as a range report when you can - I'd be well interested to know your findings.
    I took the PT-145 to the range this past Wednesday. I only put 100 rounds of WWB 230 gr. FMJ (It was all I had on hand ). The recoil on this compact gun is surprisingly manageble. It wasn't as intense as I thought it would be at all. During my range session, I experienced no malfunctions of any kind.

As far as accuracy goes, I wasn't really concentrating on accuracy, I was testing more for reliability. Anyway, the DAO trigger is really loooong with a fairly long reset as well. As a result of this, when I did try to "group" my groups weren't that great. All the rounds were in the black on a B29 silhouette target, but they were all over the place. I am used to the short trigger/short reset of my Glock 19. When I really took my time and concentrated on the trigger, POA/POI were right on the money. I am sure with repeated range work, the accuracy of this gun will improve in my hands.
    All in all, I am really pleased with this purchase and am looking forward to deeming this gun as "carry ready".
    Gun control is hitting your target.
    -- Amegatek
    Amegatek's Firearms Page

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for the info. I suspect the D/A travel is on a par with the Ruger - I know my P95 and 97 are both very long - made more pronounced by a rather over short S/A pull. Takes some getting used to. I do like my SIG a lot because the disparity between travel on D/A and S/A is much less marked.

I reckon the grip has something to do with the recoil being comfortable on that PT - I know appearance ain't everything but is a bit like my SW99 grip - and ''sits well''. Main thing is - it delivers!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links