I just picked up my tactical stapeler ( H$K p7 )

This is a discussion on I just picked up my tactical stapeler ( H$K p7 ) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up the gun , some parts of the deal i am un happy with , some i am , over all the ...

Thread: I just picked up my tactical stapeler ( H$K p7 )

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

I just picked up my tactical stapeler ( H$K p7 )

I just picked up the gun , some parts of the deal i am un happy with , some i am , over all the guy i got it off of made the deal all good with a phone call .... pics to come with an explination of just what the problems of the deal amounted to ... as well as a range report eventualy ( yes i want to see how well it shoots too ) . Anyway i have a p7 in my hot little hands now and refuse to send it back no matter the hickys on it for a grade a . Since i dont expect the dealer to send down another p7 while i shoot this one to make it right he is sending extra mags at his expense to make up the difference in apparent value ... most of this is not even his fault since hk grades the police guns on rounds expended , not external appearances My gun is graded a by hk but imho would be a b or c looking at finish . I do have the original box with hk sticker to prove it is an a grade and no change by the dealer . He actualy wanted me to send it back .. and offered to pay all shiping and even transfer fees to get me what i wanted and make the deal right . I refused , and made a counter offer of extra mags . he agreed, but under protest since i will take pics and post details of the deal . I will try and get pics tomorrow , a range report later with pics , and keep all up to date . I will name whom the dealer is at the end of the deal ( when i get my mags lol ) .
    I have done " mexican " carry in the house since i got home and i have to say that the p7 does carry like a lighter gun just tucked into the belt . I also have to admit that i have bitched about the glock grip angle , as near as i can tell the hk grip is nearly the same , but imho its like pointing a yugo or a Ferrari, same but different lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Exclamation Squeeze Cocker

Glad you finally got it.How many extra magazines did you get on the deal?They are Expensive, if you are lucky enough to even find them.Looking forward to a range report and some pics.I just missed out on a P7M8.It was like new and priced right.I moved too slow.Enjoy and don't burn your fingers.

i got two extras at about 38 bucks on the order , i am getting more mags to fix the deal ... It is not the dealers fault as you will see my p7 is graded a , but rough .. I chose to take more mags rather than send it back for a basicly nib trade ( with the dealer paying all shipping and even ffl fees .. ect ) My opinion is the pistol will only gain in value , but mags get broke or lost easily and ill take the " fix it " end on mags .

Edited to add: the guy i got the pistol off of almost demanded i return it so he could send a better one @ no cost to me , and i refused ... we settled on more mags .. how many is no ones business , but it wont bankrupt either of us . I got a shitty( external finish ) pistol that hk graded a , my dealer wants to fix it I refused to allow him to give me a better pistol ( since i just now own a p7 after years of drooling ) so he discounted my grade and will pay the balance in mags ... now this is his expense. he would prefer me to send the pistol back so he can send me what i wanted .. i refused that deal . I ordered , i got what i got , and i will detail it all on a range report . heck a crappy looking p7 should shoot as good as a nib shouldnt it ?
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Congrats.
    I've had a P7M8 for a few years now. I had tried every other pistol out there and decided that 1911s and Browning HiPowers did just about anything I needed.
    After trying a P7, I managed to somehow find room for it also.

Mine isn't exactly pretty either, but it came in great mechanical shape and shoots great.
    They are one of the easiest to shoot guns I've ever tried.

There are a lot of myths and rumors flying around about the P7s, but shoot it and get familar with it and you'll see that most are exaggerations at best.

Well i have not shot it yet , but honestly no matter how good it shoot it most likely will not replace my Kahrs as carry guns . It will get carried a bit , and used on qualification ranges ... hell most folks out here never got to " coon finger " one , and its a great chance to share . Ill get a bbq holster , and do a refinish on it and have a bbq gun .. but for not i got another lodge pin gun that others can try out lol .

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats on a great pistol. I think you will love the way it shoots. The only problem I have had with mine (as pretty much anyone who shoots one will attest) is that is gets really hot. But other than that it is a shooter.

Enjoy!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Ok as promised some pics and details . Dont mind the dirty shop floor lol . Here is the stapler as it came to me complete with serial'd box ,tools spare mag, and a " nifty" hk bike lock .

Here you see from that factory sticker that this is indeed a " grade A " gun.

Here you can more or less see the plumb slide and holster wear

another shot of the plumb colored slide , and as you can see there is no date or date code on this pistol .

This pic shows it in a cheap don hume iwb for Kahr p series pistols , It also fits fine in 1911 holsters .

Due to my crappy camera skills i have not yet got a pic of it , but there is a " hicky" on the front of the slide , and muzzle also like the gun has been dropped on concrete at some point .

I picked this pistol up from Wildalaska over on the fireing line forum , and when i called him with my issues he demanded i return it for one he would personally hand pick for me and offered to pay all shipping , ffl fees , ect. Now to my way of thinking the only screwup he had control over is sending me a retrofit mag release rather than the factory flat that i requested . I refused his generous offer and instead we agreed he will send me some extra mags for free . Overall i am happy with the deal and will be eventually sending it out for a hard chrome job anyway since the hk finish is prone to excessive wear .

Sponsor
    Redneck Repairs;

I bought two C graded PSP's, both were in better "finish" condition than either the B or A grades we got into the shop.

I've secured 5 mags to date [ 3 weeks now ], and have 5 more coming from a customer who knew where to get them. They'll be delivered this morning to the shop for me. That will make 10. I plan to order springs and followers for them so I can upgrade them over time as necessary.

Both my C grades were clean for the most part, I only needed to detail them some internally. I noticed that the A and B graded guns were not marked W Germany, but only Germany on them. Obviously later models than mine which are marked W Germany [actually preferred as there is no W in Germany now].

Not sure what the grip angle is on the Glocks, but the PSP/P7 series of pistols is 110 degrees. I'll carry mine for awhile until the carry belt and rig I'm having made for the Glock 17 is built in a few months.

Enjoy your new acquisition, I think you'll find it shoots very well and will be superbly accurate with the fixed polygonal bore.

Brownie
    Last edited by AzQkr; June 27th, 2007 at 10:38 PM.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Looks like you got a good deal there RR. Can't wait to hear how it shoots!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Nice pistol! Congrats!

Yea i seem to have the " carried a bit , and only dropped once " version of the psp but once i round up a couple more hundred and a trip to the refinisher for some hard chrome it will be a nice little bbq gun that should wear well . I just have to put the custom holster off for it for a bit since that $$ will go to a refinish first .

Links