PM9: How do you carry?

This is a discussion on PM9: How do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for best way to carry one, how do you carry yours? Pictures please, if available. Many thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM9: How do you carry?

Question PM9: How do you carry?

Looking for best way to carry one, how do you carry yours? Pictures please, if available.
    Many thanks

2. Remove Ads

1. Fanny pak.

2. Kangaroo holster

3. Pocket carry

4. Appendix carry using a comp-tac holster

Many options

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Pocket or IWB (Appendix carry @ 12:30).

I've been using UBG holsters both pocket (With a leather flap that snaps on/off) & tuckable straight drop IWB (Nassar model). Great quality, price, & turn around time for custom stuff.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Pocket carry in a nemesis.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Carry a Glock 22 at 3:30 position either IWB (Max-Con V. Broomeland Gun Leather) or OWB (Laredo Defender K&D Holsters) depending on the temp.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_1 View Post
    Carry a Glock 22 at 3:30 position either IWB (Max-Con V. Broomeland Gun Leather) or OWB (Laredo Defender K&D Holsters) depending on the temp.
    Mike
    Glad you carry your G22 that way, back to the PM9 question...

I carry mine in my pocket, or in my waist band at about a #1 position. I do have a few owb's for it, but I dont use them much anymore.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I carry mine in my pocket, or in my waist band at about a #1 position. I do have a few owb's for it, but I dont use them much anymore.
    Yeah, I forgot to add that I carry mine appendix @ 12:30 or so. For some reason, the PM9 digs into my thigh if I carry it out to the right even a little bit more, so it's much better for me while sitting.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    Yeah, I forgot to add that I carry mine appendix @ 12:30 or so. For some reason, the PM9 digs into my thigh if I carry it out to the right even a little bit more, so it's much better for me while sitting.
    Mine digs a little too. I wonder why. I carry my G23 or 228 all day long in a IWB with no dig.
    "Just blame Sixto"

C-TAC at about 3:20

Or the only cheap Galco pocket holster my gun shop stocks, usually in a cargo pocket. Not a big fan since the pockets are wide enough that the holster can rotate 90 degrees, and the holster is fond of staying in place on the draw. Of course the moment the BG giggles at a gun (in holster) being pointed at him would hopefully be enough time for me to remove the holster. Not sure if I should make any effort to make this holster/pocket combo work better -- velcro or something, or if I should just seek out a better pocket holster (more likely).

VIP Member
    Back when I carried one, I used to in a pocket holster from Grandfather Oak:

USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I forgot one option. I also carry in the concealed pocket on a 5.11 shirt.

I have a Robert Mika pocket holster that works pretty well, but some of my pants seem to have shorter pockets, and sometimes you can see the grip. A Smartcarry works pretty well if I don't have to sit very much. So far my favorite is a Crossbreed Supertuck. I wear it at about 4:00, and it is very comfortable even when sitting. I got a Don Hume H715 IWB because I thought it might be handy for quick trips to the store, and it is great for that, but I wouldn't want to wear it all day. After reading some of the other comments here, I might try a 1:00 or 2:00 carry with the 715. You will probably try several before you find a favorite.

Good luck.

Muddflap,

I have been considering a smartcarry. Thier site says the holster is great for sitting. Not for you?
    Just curious as I have a desk job.

Quote Originally Posted by facemann View Post
    Muddflap,

I have been considering a smartcarry. Thier site says the holster is great for sitting. Not for you?
    Just curious as I have a desk job.
    There are a lot of people out there that are very happy with the Smartcarry. I actually bought mine for my 239 Sig. I must be built different than those other folks. I am 5'11", and about 210 lbs. I don't consider myself fat, but I do have a belly, and love handles. I tried to use the Smartcarry, and I can't seem to find a position that is very comfortable while standing, and if I try to sit, I appear to be very happy to see people, and not just anyone in particular. So I gave up on the 239. I can carry my 642, and the PM9 in the Smartcarry, but even those small guns poke me in the stomach when I sit. The PM9 is the worst. The 642 has a more rounded grip. I can carry either of those while running around town for a while, but all day at a desk for me would be miserable.
    Dave

I carry my PM9 in a Donn Hume belt holter about @ 3:30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links