Fell in love with the sights on the Steyr pistols: can I get them for a GLOCK?

This is a discussion on Fell in love with the sights on the Steyr pistols: can I get them for a GLOCK? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PJ, I'm with you. I REALLY WANT a set of these for my GLOCK G19 but I want real reviews from real shooters. And I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fell in love with the sights on the Steyr pistols: can I get them for a GLOCK?

PJ, I'm with you. I REALLY WANT a set of these for my GLOCK G19 but I want real reviews from real shooters. And I want them with real tritium (somewhere) and not just "flashlight charged" illumination. Maybe a can just mash a Lightening Bug on 'em after I hear the Bad Guy.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I think that's polling for future models, if you actually go to their order page, 1911s aren't listed.
    Unfortunately I think you might be right.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    My concern is less about tritium and night visibility: my concerns are about ease and speed of sight alignment, durability, configuration, and accuracy.

On the point of accuracy, the whole reason for this thread was because I want sights that have a POINT at the center, with which to align the target, rather than a horizontal sight blade that kind of blots out the target picture, and you have to approximate where the center of the sight blade/front dot is to align with the center of your bullseye or other target. Sort of like trying to measure the length of your foot using a ruler that is marked off in feet, not inches.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    So then have a smith mill your current front on an angle to center out at current height . then you have your point ... for myself i dont shoot my ccw at ranges that make this a real issue for me .. and in fact seem to shoot fine out to 1/4 mile with standard s&w sights on a 686 ( i have an old metal 5 gal bucket set out at a quarter mile that has won me a lot of bets over the years since you can hear a hit ) .

Edited to add:

I am sure some smith could retrofit the steyr sight to the glock , all it takes is throw enough time and money at the problem lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

That's a good suggestion, but my current front is the standard plastic front-white-dot GLOCK sight. Even if I were to Dremel-down the sides into a point, there's still the fact that it's a white dot -- and there's still the fact that the rear would no longer "fit" the front sight. The benefit of the Steyr sights is that the rear "posts" are angled toward center to surround the front triangle.

Steyr would probably make a fortune if they sold their sights on the aftermarket for fitting other guns. The only thing is, they might undercut their own gun sales by doing so, I guess.
    .XX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    ( i have an old metal 5 gal bucket set out at a quarter mile that has won me a lot of bets over the years since you can hear a hit )

I'm just gonna start calling you "Matthew Quigley" from now on, 'kay?

peacefuljeffrey my above post was somewhat tounge in cheek so to speak . for some unknown ( to me ) reason the human brain has an ability and need to make order out of chaos . This is why apature sights work , the brain will naturaly center the post in the mostly ignored ring . Your glock sights will work the same , you will naturaly want to center the target on the width of either the blade or the dot depending on which is more visible . I was serious that if you thro enough $$ to a smith a set of the sights you like so well can be retrofit to a glock , howeaver if you shoot the glock a bit more at extended ranges i honestly think you will decide there is no need for a sight change , and in fact what glock supplied is better for all but rare long shots .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

LOL jeff np I live in SE colorado , and we got a lot of nothing , most of it at long range from where you stand .. makes for interesting games .

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I'm just gonna start calling you "Matthew Quigley" from now on, 'kay?
    You mean "Roy Cobb," right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links