Another Aquisition! - Page 2

Another Aquisition!

This is a discussion on Another Aquisition! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An oldie but GOODY...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Aquisition!

Thumbs up Nice Find !

An oldie but GOODY

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    $212.50 , wow

Depends on how bad the pitting is , but S&W will do a Standard
    polish and blue for $166

Smith and Wesson
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    With Break Free and a penny you wont further damage the finish , the penny is hard enough to work as a scraper on the rust , and not hard enough to scratch the bluing . The breakfree helps soak the rust loose so the penny can scrape it off .

Nice little 19 btw .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    With Break Free and a penny you wont further damage the finish , the penny is hard enough to work as a scraper on the rust , and not hard enough to scratch the bluing . The breakfree helps soak the rust loose so the penny can scrape it off .

Nice little 19 btw .
    That's EXACTLY how it all works! The penny is soft enough to act as a scaper......the breakfree is a good solvent/rust breaker.......thus the penny lightly scrapes the rust away, and the breakfree helps to lubricate and flush the rust away....and you can see the solution turning a rust color, so you'll know it's working..
    I never saw it before until a friend of mine did the very same thing on an old Smith model 12 he found....surface rust and slight pitting, and he brought the finish <rust> back to it's original color. I was amazed to say the least, but it really works
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    another neat trick is with the medum scotch brite pad you can duplicate the standard s&w stainless finish so near as not to be able to tell where you buffed a light scratch out lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Nice pistola. If I ever find one of those little beauties at a reasonable price, you can bet I'll make it mine. You got a heck of a steal, oops I mean deal on that one. I have been looking for a deal on one for a while, but thus far have had no luck.

Congrats.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - good to see your ''nose'' for a bargain is still intact!!

Nice find even if it was not A1 perfect - but if it's a good shooter then maybe it will still be a good BUG type gun or again one that can live safely in less than friendly conditions - it being less critical if it should get some more external wear or marring. Ideal as you say for bike carry.

Yep - the ''penny trick'' is a good one.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Another nice rescue, good job. And I'll bet that you'll enjoy it a lot more than the original owner did.

A great gun! That's about as small a .357 Magnum as I'd like to own and I'd sure like to own one of those.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    another neat trick is with the medum scotch brite pad you can duplicate the standard s&w stainless finish so near as not to be able to tell where you buffed a light scratch out lol .
    +1....
    Ive done this on more that a coupla stainless pieces and it works great....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Laides and gents...that's exactly why I bought this little gun, and posted this thread.. I know almost everybody on the Forum, and the ones who just read the threads and not register, come to find good info within the Forum.
    I've owned, shot and carried, in the past years, probably 20 of the K Frame Smiths.(19, and 66 variety). They've been around for ages, and they still continue to exist in many holsters and safes, either as a Primary, a BUG, or just as a Safe Queen...
    I know money is very tight with all of us, ( I had this one on a paid hold for about 4 weeks til I finally picked it up) and we all work very hard to support our Families and our "addiction' to the Shooting Sports. I just wanted to help pass on some good avice to our Forumites, and readers, to never overlook something such as what I found. A good deal is always out there, and with a few old tricks like the penny trick, you can bring home a GREAT addition to your collection, your Carry Gun, or just have it as "trade bait" for a later time.
    Thanks for all your good comments, and I hope all of you may come across deals such as this one.
    I'll post a range report sometime next week, and let ya know how it works out..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Wellll, I got bit again by the "gotta have it" bug.
    It seems you ARE doing better....... It's been a while. Nice piece, as usual.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links