Anyone else hate the XD sights? - Page 2

Anyone else hate the XD sights?

This is a discussion on Anyone else hate the XD sights? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Alien Nation I painted my front sight bright green So I just look for the front sight when drawing and shooting fast. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else hate the XD sights?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien Nation View Post
    I painted my front sight bright green So I just look for the front sight when drawing and shooting fast. Works well for me.
    So if so many people are painting over the front sights, I take it they don't like the factory sights.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    So if so many people are painting over the front sights, I take it they don't like the factory sights.
    I like the factory sights on my XD just fine. I've just found (along with others) that using bright fluorescent paint or nail polish on the sight dots to enhance visibility is a cheap (or free) upgrade, and can significantly effect the speed at which targets can be acquired.
    Attached Images

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Robere, can you post a picture of the sights on your XD that you do not like? I don't know what they look like, enough to say I would not like them myself.

VIP Member
    [/IMG]

Here it is. I think I'll try the color nail polish trick for now until I get my new sights.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

Here it is. I think I'll try the color nail polish trick for now until I get my new sights.
    Your chamber is empty, and the striker isn't cocked. Been doing a bit of dry fire practice have we?

Oftentimes it's not a "seeing the sights" issue. The problem is grip angle. As you know, someone whose muscle memory is atuned to the 1911 can't quickly adjust to the Glock. The XD is a fine gun, Robere, and it should work just fine for you. Would you at least consider the grip angle issue?

I need contrast, I don't like all white.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Your chamber is empty, and the striker isn't cocked. Been doing a bit of dry fire practice have we?
    Very observant my friend. Actually, the mag is full , but I dont have a holster to put it in yet, so I don't carry it. I won't carry it until I can hit better with it anyway.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Crumrine View Post
    Oftentimes it's not a "seeing the sights" issue. The problem is grip angle. As you know, someone whose muscle memory is atuned to the 1911 can't quickly adjust to the Glock. The XD is a fine gun, Robere, and it should work just fine for you. Would you at least consider the grip angle issue?
    Yes sir, I will work on that. Its hard for me to find the sites quickly , so that could have something to do with it..I'll try more dry fire practice..

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I have two XD's and I have put tru-glo sites on both of them. They make a world of difference, but be warned...they are a BEAR to get on. I recommend a gunsmith do it.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I just put TruGlo TFOs on my SIG P229---after much lamenting (I can drive tacks at ~20 yds doing defensive drills). I really didn't want to mess with my sights...but since I wanted to be able to see my sights in low/no light (if without a light), I wanted something brighter than my SIGnite sights.

I'm a big fan of TFOs...

VIP Member
    I've pretty much setteld on the XS sights. Not sure if I'm going with the standard or the big dot. I will definatly have a gunsmith do it..

I can double tap very quickly and accurate using just a flash picture of the sights on my XD's. Hit a rabbit on a quick swing around one time. I think some shooters are going to feel more comfortable with the erganomics than others. I also try to square up to the target from the feet up, and punch out at the target. IMO, any1 would have a better chance of hitting something this way, with any pistol.
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Anyone else have problems with the XD sights?
    No problems at all! Changed to Trijicons within the first week
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I rented an XD .45 Service last weekend to shoot at the range. I was disgusted with the interaction interaction between the front and rear sights. I thought that Glock has done a much better job on sights (and I am no Glock fan).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links