Glock 19 pics. - Page 2

Glock 19 pics.

This is a discussion on Glock 19 pics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by FIREARMZ As for that group being to big, it is a trigger control issue not the OD. It is also low left. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 pics.

Quote Originally Posted by FIREARMZ View Post

As for that group being to big, it is a trigger control issue not the OD. It is also low left.
    I'm sure the OD comment was in jest but you are right that it is trigger finger - too much or too little - I had the same issue with my Glock 34 at first, of course now I have it dialed it's embarrassingly accurate.

maclean3: adjust your grip to suit the new gun, you'll find the sweet spot.

Not so much as where but how hard on the trigger and it is usually a bang thing, when we expect it to go bang we get a little bit carried away sometimes. Yes I know the OD was in jest.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

Ahhhh, c'mon guys cut the Glock newb some slack. I'm a 1911 guy from way back so I was happy to get anything at all inside that center ring .... I'm not feelin' the love here!

I'm sure my next few range visits will show improvement in grouping and POI.
    Jack

Oh I am not being mean or sarcastic, we all do it. I just don't post mine on the internet.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

I'm sure Bill at the range he was at gave him a few digs, used to when my Glock 34 was new...

"Peter, that's not a bad group, if you look at it like this..." as he squints his eyes real tight...

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Ahhhh, c'mon guys cut the Glock newb some slack. I'm a 1911 guy from way back so I was happy to get anything at all inside that center ring .... I'm not feelin' the love here!

I'm sure my next few range visits will show improvement in grouping and POI.
    Jack

Mac,

Your group is just fine, it'll tighten up over time.....
    More importantly, you'll be able to clean the pistol in 1/10th the time the 1911's take, also without the pesky recoil spring launching itself into the yard (I'll bet there are more than a handful in mine, lol)....

Nice OD,BTW
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Thanks Dimmak! I field stripped it and cleaned it up just before the pics. The trick for me was, I had to switch hands and retract the slide left handed then pull the take down pins with the right. Those pins are so small they were giving me grief trying to grip them with the left. That and I had been retracting the slide about twice as far as needed. Once I had it figured out it was pretty easy.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I love my Glock 19 so much I made a car on one of my video games dedicated to it!

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Thanks Dimmak! I field stripped it and cleaned it up just before the pics. The trick for me was, I had to switch hands and retract the slide left handed then pull the take down pins with the right. Those pins are so small they were giving me grief trying to grip them with the left. That and I had been retracting the slide about twice as far as needed. Once I had it figured out it was pretty easy.
    Jack
    Pax has a good pictorial on how to easily take down a Glock.

A gunsmith's hold will allow you to easily hold the slide just slightly retracted, which is what you are going to need to do in order to pull that little takedown lever and remove the slide from the gun. It is a very sneaky way of pulling the slide back with one hand, making it easy to do other things with your free hand. And it also prevents you from doing silly things like pointing the gun at yourself while you try to figure out how to pull the slide back "just a little."

Gunsmith's hold, step one: Web of hand to back of gun.

Step two: bring your fingers over the top of the gun and touch your thumb.

Gunsmith's hold, step three: tighten your grip to bring the slide to the rear.

With the gun held in a gunsmith's hold, pull down on the takedown lever. As you do so, you will feel the tension on the slide loosen up. This is normal. In fact, it is what you wanted to happen. You may have to pull the slide slightly more to the rear in order to release the tension as you pull down on the takedown lever. That's okay, too.
    From Pax's site, http://www.corneredcat.com/

Yep, that's how I did it, just left handed. The manual doesn't really say how far to retract the slide. It looks like Glockmeister makes a replacement part that makes stripping easier since the tabs stick out further, not sure if it could be activated by holstering though.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Yep, that's how I did it, just left handed. The manual doesn't really say how far to retract the slide. It looks like Glockmeister makes a replacement part that makes stripping easier since the tabs stick out further, not sure if it could be activated by holstering though.
    Jack
    The extended slide lock is safe to use on a fighting weapon and very easily installed... However, I dont recommend using the extended mag release except on a range gun as they increase the chances of dropping the mag....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I love the extended mag release on my Glocks. it makes reloading much easier and quicker.

Yep, it was the extended slide lock I was thinking of. Don't think I really need it but here's a link if anyone else is interested:
    http://glockmeister.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/209
    Jack

Yep, it was the extended slide lock I was thinking of. Don't think I really need it but here's a link if anyone else is interested:
    http://glockmeister.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/209
    Jack
    I would NOT put one of those in my gun. A LEO on another forum had one installed in his Glock 21. The part caused his weapon to malfunction IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT! (click here to read the thread (post 8 on page two is where he found out what the problem was). Probably a "one in a million" type thing but why take a chance. The slide-lock on a Glock is only used when you're taking it apart...there's no need for an aftermarket part.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Kenpo:
    No go on the other Forum, apparently it requires a user account for access. It's the kind of experience I was curious about though as I hadn't heard of anyone trying it out. Definitely not the time for an avoidable malfunction, hope the situation turned out alright.

I'd already decided against installing that part once I figured out the trick in field stripping but it's a good thing to know there's a potential for malfunctions if I HAD installed it.

I do plan on upgrading to a steel guide rod with Wolff springs (recoil and mags) and the TFO sights but I think that's about it so far.
    Jack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links