Glock 19 pics.

This is a discussion on Glock 19 pics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jualdeaux I love the extended mag release on my Glocks. it makes reloading much easier and quicker. True, it can also facillitate ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 19 pics.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    I love the extended mag release on my Glocks. it makes reloading much easier and quicker.
    True, it can also facillitate mag drops at inopportune times....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I would NOT put one of those in my gun. A LEO on another forum had one installed in his Glock 21. The part caused his weapon to malfunction IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT! (click here to read the thread (post 8 on page two is where he found out what the problem was). Probably a "one in a million" type thing but why take a chance. The slide-lock on a Glock is only used when you're taking it apart...there's no need for an aftermarket part.

I will have to agree with the above post, in regards that it is probably not worth the risk.......
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Kenpo:
    No go on the other Forum, apparently it requires a user account for access. It's the kind of experience I was curious about though as I hadn't heard of anyone trying it out. Definitely not the time for an avoidable malfunction, hope the situation turned out alright.

I'd already decided against installing that part once I figured out the trick in field stripping but it's a good thing to know there's a potential for malfunctions if I HAD installed it.

I do plan on upgrading to a steel guide rod with Wolff springs (recoil and mags) and the TFO sights but I think that's about it so far.
    Jack

Unfortunately for us tinkerers, GLOCKs are best left stock -- the only advisable "upgrade" being sights (I prefer Big Dots), I'd recommend spending the money on those and more mags and ammo instead.....

On the other hand, there are always the 1911's which lend themselves to "tinkering" quite well....

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    On the other hand, there are always the 1911's which lend themselves to "tinkering" quite well....
    Yup, I've got one of those too. Only problem is, I can't stop buying guns and leather long enough to afford to customize the thing ... if I ever hit the lottery I'll have a fully customized SA 1911 though - complete with light saber bayonet mount!
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I had my Glock 19 slide hard chromed by Tripp in Texas, and I don't believe it is necessary to do any grinding prior to the hard chrome plating. It is my understanding that the plating goes directly on the tennifer treated Glock slide without much preparation except cleaning and degreasing. I did it because I like the look of hard chrome better than the black Glock slide.

Man, I really like the look of that hard chromed slide. I still would like to do that to my Glock 23.

Nice picture of it too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    Unfortunately for us tinkerers, GLOCKs are best left stock -- the only advisable "upgrade" being sights (I prefer Big Dots), I'd recommend spending the money on those and more mags and ammo instead.....
    Agreed! leave the damn things the way Gaston designed them
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

This thread and the link made me decide to put back the OEM slide release and mag release on my 27, 22 and 23. Did that this afternoon. I had the Glock slide release and mag release for the model 21 on them. I didn't have problems with function. The extended mag release was uncomfortable against my skin when wearing IWB.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Ahhhh, c'mon guys cut the Glock newb some slack. I'm a 1911 guy from way back so I was happy to get anything at all inside that center ring .... I'm not feelin' the love here!

I'm sure my next few range visits will show improvement in grouping and POI.
    Jack
    Ah, I see that you also went to the "DarkSide". --lol-- I had a G23c when I ran across the used G19. I still love my 1911s but there is a lot to be said for the Glock. It has to grow on you before you get really comfortable with it. I forced myself to put the 1911s in the safe and lock em down for two weeks without touching them. I like the G19 now a lot more than I did before I began to have it 24/7 on me. But in that two weeks, I had to go and put the EMP in layaway to take the pressure off of me. lol

The trigger on this 19 feels much better than other Glocks I've fondled in the past. No spongey feel or stacking, it's got a smooth take up, crisp break and a short travel to reset with a "click" type feel.

I think Darth Brommeland used his evil Sith powers to convert me, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Jack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links