+2 In Glock magazines...

This is a discussion on +2 In Glock magazines... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always carry a G26 for selfdefense. I can carry more than ten rounds, so I use a +2 in the ten rounds mags, and ...

Thread: +2 In Glock magazines...

+2 In Glock magazines...

I always carry a G26 for selfdefense. I can carry more than ten rounds, so I use a +2 in the ten rounds mags, and I can put my pinky finger on it. Can it affect the magazine? Is it good for self defense?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    When I have my guns examined by one of our Glock armorers, one of them always makes a comment that he doesn't advise it because it compresses the springs more.

I never had a problem with any of mine. I used one on my 21 for 11 yrs. or so w/o a single problem. The current owner, my brother, hasn't had any problems either.

I also used it on one of my 10 round mags for my 26, before I sold it. I kept the +2 end-piece & have it attached to one of my G-19 mags. It hasn't been a problem.

It's not really needed on 19, although it goes well with my G-17 mag. It was handy on my G-26. I have big hands & felt that if I'm going to extend the mag to grip the gun better, I might as well get 2 more rounds out of it.

I'm curious what others with say about it, though.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

They don't make +2's for the Glock 21, so I don't have any personal experience. However, a friend of mine had a couple of them pop off his Glock 22 magazines. One let loose when the mag hit the ground while demonstrating a slide lock reload, the other popped off as he shoved a magazine into the mag well. He doesn't use the +2's any more.

Quote Originally Posted by fjmaring View Post
    I always carry a G26 for selfdefense. I can carry more than ten rounds, so I use a +2 in the ten rounds mags, and I can put my pinky finger on it. Can it affect the magazine? Is it good for self defense?
    Using Glock-made +2 bases should be fine, or aluminum ones, like (I believe) Arredondo makes. Some folks have reported Scherer +2 bases coming off unexpectedly, with use; Pierce's product- can't remember anything off hand. YMMV...

Honestly, carry a pair of 17/19 mags as reloads, unless concealment is your primary concern. You're sacrificing about an inch, with the +2, anyway.....

Well, there ya' go, from Blackeagle's beak. ( ;

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I have an extension for the GLOCK 27, but I have never installed it. I had forgotten I have it and only recently found it in a trunk. I think mine are "Pearce" extensions (if that's the right spelling). They're well-known, right, so probably no problems. The main reason I never put them on was that it would've made the gun less concealable; the whole point of getting that gun was that it fit into fanny packs, etc. If I'd wanted a longer grip, I'd have bought a G23.

I have always wondered, as you do, what issues might come up with the mag spring, and reliability of feeding. Anyone with experience, please comment on how it's gone for you.

I have extensively used the Glock +2 magazines for carry and for IDPA with no problems what so ever. I have no experience with non-OEM extensions though.

I have recently moved up to the 19 as i figured that with the extension, the grip is about the same as the 19 so why not just carry the 19.

I agree...

Next purchase will be a 19

My G27 sports these GAP finger extensions from Concealable Control

I carry my 27 for concealability. If I need more rounds I just step up to the 23.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Glock makes a 12 round magazine for the G26. I bought one last week and it works fine. I have finger extensions on my other mags but they add no addition rounds just a pinkie grab. I only go with OEM types.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

Quote Originally Posted by fjmaring View Post

After you do this lay it beside a G19, wala same size. Put the two round extension back in the junk box. If you are shooting a G26 it must be for concealment, adding the extension only increases the grip length and may induce problems, if you need that extra two rounds of ammo and grip get a G19.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=Blackeagle;417426]They don't make +2's for the Glock 21QUOTE]
    Blackeagle......
    I have a Glockstore.com catalog that has +2 extensions for 10mm/45,
    http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...ch_val%3DT0104

I've tried te +2 extensions on my G26 and no problems yet, however my wife carries the 26 with the other 10 rnd mag in without the extension.....I don't feel comfortable with it while she carries but maybe that will change.
    Last edited by 64zebra; July 4th, 2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: found the link for 45 +2 extension
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links