M&P or XD?

This is a discussion on M&P or XD? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First, thank you everyone for your input and feedback. I did go and buy me the M&P yesterday. Though it seems like both guns are ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P or XD?

First, thank you everyone for your input and feedback.

I did go and buy me the M&P yesterday. Though it seems like both guns are quality guns, and as many said here I "couldn't go wrong", it seemd like the M&P had more favorable opinions (here and other forums).

To me, the fact that the M&P is made in the US was a plus I could not ignore. If there are two products (not just guns) of the same quality and price, I almost always go with the US made one...

Thank you again for help -- You are a great bunch of people!!
    ------------------------------>
    Shoot Straight

2. Remove Ads

I'm going to Gander Mountain tomorrow to do the layaway thing.

The M&P has me hooked. I like the free 2 mags S&W is offering with it

Of the two choices, I much prefer the M&P, it feels GREAT in the hand. Both are dead reliable. M&P has a blackened stainless slide though, much better, and exchangeable backstraps, etc...

I also can't stand the 50 million safeties on the XD.

Another gun you may want to look at is the Beretta PX4.

Quote Originally Posted by flmitchell View Post
    I'm going to Gander Mountain tomorrow to do the layaway thing.

The M&P has me hooked. I like the free 2 mags S&W is offering with it
    And don't forget to send in for the free range bag.

Hope you like your M&P as well as I do mine. I just bought my second, a compact version this time.

I've been waiting to see the new .45 M&P (with thumb safety!). After shooting a friend's M&P 9mm I was sold on the handling & trigger compared to my G19 GLOCK, but I wanted the additional thumb safety so I can send the .45 to Bowie Tactical & have him lighten/smooth the trigger pull. As an old 1911/Browning Hi-Power shooter, the thumb safety just feels more "natural" to me.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    50 more $ and get a Glock

Member Array Cactus Jack Garner's Avatar
    I shot both, while I liked the M&P's ergonomics, I thought the trigger sucked. I have friends in LE that are also shooters and they trust their life to their XDs, and it has never let themdown. After shooting them both, I found the XD more comfortable and more comforting. So I bought one, then another, then another. Durability wise I have yet to have a failure to feed, eject, or fire with about 1100 rounds through the three, and about 700 rounds through the tactical .45. The eat everything. Reloads my 1911's won't, CCI Blazer Brass, S&B, Wolf, Winchester, etc. The five inch .45 Tactical though is by far my favorite. I thought it was going to be tough to carry concealed, so I also bought the standard four inch, but the four inch gets left at home while the five inch gets carried.
    "Mercy is for the weak and the unprepared."

www.survivalmonkey.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGeezer View Post
    And don't forget to send in for the free range bag.

Hope you like your M&P as well as I do mine. I just bought my second, a compact version this time.
    Thanks for the heads up on the bag. I didn't realize that offer was out there and just printed my coupon and it'll go in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by f8lranger4x4 View Post
    50 more $ and get a Glock

Nothing against glocks, they are obviously very reliable guns, but I will never own one.

Plus, it just doesn't have the features of an M&P, or several other gun models out there..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links